Paranoia - Freaks of the Modern Age

Started by Mike_S, August 08, 2020, 09:14:41 AM

tonyc

great track love the melodic guitar sound . cheers ...tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

T.C. Elliott

I like the sparse but catchy chorus vocal/lyric. This has a hint of 80's melodic sensibility to it, I think, but in arrangement, performance and sound you definitely hit the mark in the band bio.  Or maybe it's just my weird mind making odd connections that don't really exist. Regardless, it's a good entry to the fest.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

StephenM

So, last night when I was coming home from open mic about close to an hour away (they all are a bit of a drive), I decided to play one artist off my phone, blu tooth into my car stereo... The last few nights it was The Police, and then Toto.
Last night it was Mike S.  I have listened to many tracks of Mikes since becoming a member in August of 2020... however you really don't notice just how diverse sounding Mike's tracks are unless you listen to say a 15 song random list.  It becomes quickly apparent this man has brilliant talent.  Not just in guitar playing, which Mike's playing is very good and very different than almost anyone I ever heard before.  I am certain that Mike as influences for his playing.  It seems though that what has occurred is over time of the artist listening to so many great bands and songs as intently as he has that said artist has become an amalgamation of the best playing he has in his head.

So then you realize Mike is a really great song creator.  All the tools he uses makes these tracks like a massive drill that can penetrate the absolute hardest of materials... boring straight through the cranium bones into the deep spaces of the mind.  The drums, the bass, the progressions are like placing the mind of novocaine and all the pain disappears and I begin to float in spaces pleasant.

The tracks are very clear and well produced. 

And vocally there isn't another soul on the planet that can sing like this...

Mike sounds like Dire Straits, Jim Hendrix, The 80s new wave electro tech pop, punk, classic rockers, Thin Lizzy, Pink floyd and others and sometimes even all in the same song... amazing...  and after going to alot of open mics this is quite alot better than most of what i hear.

There is a lot more I could say but I can see why I enjoy this character so much... I think we share some common ground musically...

I feel very fortunate to have found this site and this artist.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

des0free

Wait a second, I came back to comment on one of your earlier songs that got bumped that I had missed first time around, but commented on the wrong one. This was the one that I heard first and thought was completely awesome.  But then I listened to the other one "Looking in the mirror", and what the heck - that is great too (though I'm not surprised). Glad to catch both.  Both do a great job with arpeggiated electric guitar and vocals too!
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ron D Bowes

Love the FX on the guitar. Dark and brooding feel to the track. Cool changes in here. Very cool stuff.