When I Try To Be Me - AndyR Original (Remastered)

Started by AndyR, August 02, 2020, 11:45:11 PM

IanR

Stunningly good. All aspects are top notch. Sounds brilliant too.

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Frank53

Great song, Andy. Yes, good that you left all the verses in to get the full circle of the day. The unsung chorus is also a nice interlude. Good choice. My first thought was this had a Richard Thompson vibe to it. Probably way off base. Nice clean recording, and authentic live performance feel.
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

AndyR

Haha! Yes! Richard Thompson, not way off base at all. I remember now that I'd just discovered him around then. Somebody said, you'll LOVE Richard Thompson when I admitted I knew little or nothing about him...

And they were right. They made me a compilation cassette and it was another of those "that's what I'm trying to do!" moments that you sometimes get... you've been trying to write in a particular way, feeling into it, and then someone plays you a record where someone's already doing it and you go AHA!!!

Anyway... I'd forgotten all about it until I read your comment. I still don't own any Richard Thompson!! (Oops! I can see me putting that right soon...)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1