Please Excuse Those Words That I Said - AndyR Original (Remastered)

Started by AndyR, July 26, 2020, 06:07:20 PM

AndyR

Cheers folks :)

Alas, Hilary, she never heard it. Our Mums got us together on a holiday in Durham. But her party moved on to Edinburgh after a day or two, and then she went back to the US. I wrote this a couple of weeks later, doubting that she was going to write to me. But she did! And she'd been as affected I was... (Her Mum told my Mum that she'd spent all the time in Edinburgh crying).

We wrote for a while, but Bristol UK to Richmond (I think) Virginia was an awful long way and we never saw each other again.

Quote from: Mike_S on July 29, 2020, 03:30:28 PMI can imagine you belting out "Since You've Been Gone" by Rainbow but this might not be your type of thing!

Haha! Graham Bonnet ;D Do you know he fronted a band called The Marbles? They had a hit with "Only One Woman" in 1970. Written by Barry, Robin and Maurice Gibb. The Marbles were proteges of the Bee Gees. When I wrote this I was a HUGE Bee Gees fan. I only knew the 60s and early 70s stuff at the time (in fact, two songs "Let There Be Love" and "And The Sun Will Shine" were the soundtrack to my heartbreak). I probably knew about the Marbles hit by then, and WISHED that the Bee Gees had recorded it. I think it was while on the second part of our holiday (in Dartmouth, where I wrote most of this) that I got a cassette of Children of the World, and Robin's "Love Me" joined the cycle of songs I was listening to. Then her letter arrived, and I cheered up a bit.

Anyway, back to school, I was with rockers more than punk rockers... and indeed, Rainbow was one of the things going on... Funnily enough, I was listening to Down To Earth the other day.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

SE

This cool stuff ,maybe sixies vibe but nothing  wrong with  that, still a cool  song.
Songwriting and recording  can't  fault it, those people  where,nt listening  right, cool song loved it!!

recorder
Boss BR-80