Thrash!

Started by Gertok, March 19, 2008, 09:07:10 PM

Gertok

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

It wasn't recorded with micro br 8-) but anyway I thought it will be interesting for you guys.

http://boomp3.com/m/9305b14e902c

Gertok

I am pretty sure someone listened to it because thread has 15 views... Please post your opinion.

bmaco

Your song kicks. Guitar parts are sharp. Smokin solos. Well thought out piece. The only thing I think if might need is a kick ass vocal in there somewhere. Bryant

guitarron

That's a well crafted tune- How was it recorded-Is this a live performance- at once in the same room-What recorder did you use?
The drum room sounds interesting-ambient
Plenty of room in it for just the right vocalist

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Gertok

We decided to record this demo to find a vocalist. Found him, so vocals are coming soon.
It was recorded with M-audio Octane Preamp, M-audio Delta 1010.
We used SM-57 to mic guitar Cabs. Audix Fusion Drum mic sets to mic drums. Bass Was just DI in M-audio Octane.
Our guitarist's living room has 15-20 foot ceailing. That is where we recorded drums. For kick we used EV ND868 mic. Drum kit is Tama Rockstar with Zildjian cymbals.
Guitarists equipment includes Prophecy II preamp, VHT tube power amp, Avatar 4x10 (Both guitarists have the same setup). 
It was all pretty much one take even doubling guitars and solos. Drums took a little longer.

guitarron

15 to 20 ft ceiling-holy crap does he live in the Vatican-lol
Thats cool as hell
what multitrack software did use?
Just curious-are you the lead player

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Gertok

No, I play bass. We used Pro tools But I also have cubase too. My computer was in bad shape at that time so we used pro tools on our guitarists computer.

Pedro

Pretty cool!

The main riff reminds me of "Be quick or be dead" by Iron Maiden. The mix is pretty cool. The drums are a bit far out, but I know it is very hard to record "close" sounding drums. What about the vocals? I would like to hear someone singing it.

Good work, keep it up.  ;D

PS: Moved your topic to the Other recorders section, just to keep things organized.

Gertok

Yeah thank for moving it to the right place... I just did not see the other thread 8-).

Guys at recording.org told me to remix it! cause they feel that production was good.... So i'll try to move the project from Pro tools to logic and work on it. It will be a good practice before the album is recorded.

We will record vocals as soon vocalist feels confident enough. We finished Lyrics last week, so they are coming.