In Your Hands - AndyR Original (Remastered)

Started by AndyR, July 12, 2020, 12:40:58 PM

chapperz66

Blimey.  This is so good!  Again words fail me.  The guitar!  The vocal.  The words.  I love this.

Tell us about the new mics. 

Paul

Mike_S

Lovely job, great to hear just a guitar and a voice, sometimes more effective than a full band sound. Some great playing there and great singing. I get a bit of a prog style to your vocal... maybe Jethro Tull or something like that. Great song.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

AndyR

And Mike wins the prize!!

Yep, Jethro Tull. I was on a HUGE Jethro Tull kick in 1994 - it shows even more on the next one, Little Thing, that I'll be posting soon. And there's some others where it might show even more (don't know yet, haven't tried to record them yet!)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

AndyR

Quote from: chapperz66 on July 16, 2020, 02:08:14 PMTell us about the new mics. 

Forgot to answer this.

Rode M5 matched pair of Compact 1/2" Condenser mics.

Apparently the cheap version of their NT5 mics.

But WOWOW!

This recording was one on the soundboard behind the bridge, one on the fingerboard, and my NT1000 large condensor for the vocal. The M5 tracks are panned hard left and right, the NT1000 is centred. A splash of reverb, job done.

My old way was the NT1000 and two SM57s, required LOADS of EQing and messing. This new setup seems to grab what you play and that's it...

I've got an even better sounding one coming shortly, and I've also been using the same technique but recording the two M5s to a single mono track for acoustic parts in a band thing I'm workng on now ... Very happy at the moment :) :) :) :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1