First Recording

Started by bigdavie1979, May 27, 2009, 08:53:47 AM

Kody

Ya, this is really something!! Thanks for sharing!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Ferryman

Great stuff guys, and for a first post it shows you have a LOT of potential. I like the way you have built this with the guitar layers, perhaps the vox are a bit low.If you are newto recording, you did a damn fine job. Superb vox btw.

If you don't have a bass player, you could post this on collaborations and one of the bass players here would add some for you.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

The Reverend 48

Just brilliant well done!

AndyR

Just heard this one - superb first recording... it's all downhill from here lads  :D ;)

I love the vocals - it's one of those voices that makes me go "sh1t, I wish I could sing like that..."

Nice accoustic layers - and I assume done without a click-track or rhythm guide of any sort?? (I have slight issues over no 3/4 as well :lol:) That takes a bit of doing (or for me it does anyway ::))

It sounds like the accoustics might be electro-accoustic plugged into the MBR? If so, and if your guitar's got a decent-ish room tone, give the MBR's internal mic a go - I only found out what it could do last weekend, you might be quite pleasantly surprised :)

On the lead etc front, for me I think it's just down to levels - get them under control a bit. They're good tones, they complement his voice really well, and they fit well with the accoustics. But because there's no drums or bass, at these levels they come in as a bit of a shock.

- really good first recording :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

bigdavie1979

thanks again for all the support.

yes the guitars are electro acoustic's recorded through the mbr,

Takamine tan10c with cooltube pre amp.
Takamine ean15 with cp4 pre amp

We're going to try re-recording the acoustics tonight using the behringer b1 condenser mic that we used for the vocals, hopefully this will give us a more natural sound.

I have found the internal mic a bit hit and miss myself, It's more down to positioning of the mbr. It would be good if there was some sort of mic stand mount that we could fix the mbr onto.

hopefully we should have the new version in a few days then move onto something new :o
Davie, Just another brick in the wall.

Flash Harry

Soory I missed this.

First post eh? I think you're a ringer.

ORH get round his gaff, see if he has the rock star roller on the drive.....

Great track Davie. missing a bassist eh, it's only 5 hours from Leeds.....
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

bigdavie1979

definitely no roller in the drive only an Astra, booo. hopefully one day though.

a 10 hour round trip isn't that bad, we're rehearsing tonight, if you get on the road now you might just make it ;D
Davie, Just another brick in the wall.

Oldrottenhead

QuoteORH get round his gaff, see if he has the rock star roller on the drive.....
got a drive, monoblockled by my own fair hands but afraid its a peugoet 306 1995 banger. rawk and roll
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann