Another Songcrafters Social Call on Zoom?

Started by Greeny, July 02, 2020, 12:32:16 PM

Flash Harry

It was great to see everyone and to meet some of you for the first time in virtual person. 
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

IanR

Bugger!

So sorry I missed this.

I would love to be involved in the next one. I should check in with Songcrafters more often so I don't miss out.

Looking forward to meeting some of you in future,

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Oldrottenhead

I have no recall of the zoom conference ending. I don't think i fell off the bed As i do remember going downstairs to the lounge. Anyway my daughter just showed me some footage from her mobile of me sleeping against the sofa  surrounded by musical instruments and a MacBook with a black screen. Think I will have a week on the wagon.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

I think you were just doing the call in 7/8 time, James  ;D ;D ;D

Lovely to meet some of you all for the first time, and some of you again virtually, and those of you who I have met in real life too (and collaborated with).

Just a nice and funny bunch of people.

I was pretty wrecked too. But in a good way  ;D

"JUST BUY IT!".

bruno

I found the drinking highly amusing. Next time, I will be more prepared! I only had 1 can of Guinness - poor show from me :-)
ORH was setting the bar, but I wasn't sure if you were playing along or truly steaming :-) I hope you didn't get into too much trouble with the missus.

The drunken discussion around 7/8 time - well that's the only time it makes much sense to me anyway.

Sound quality wise, I think Zoom must have some form of limiter/compressor thing going on, there was time when the music was definitely pumping. That's set up for speech but not for music. Will see if there is anything we could use to stream the audio - perhaps use a combination of Zoom and youtube stream, 64G may have some ideas here?
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

64Guitars

Quote from: bruno on July 07, 2020, 07:11:09 AMWill see if there is anything we could use to stream the audio - perhaps use a combination of Zoom and youtube stream, 64G may have some ideas here?

Sorry, I don't know anything about Zoom or YouTube streaming. However, I just did a search for "using zoom for music" and found this article at Sound On Sound which might be helpful:

https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques/how-make-zoom-work-music

In particular see the sections Getting The Best Sound and Microphone Etiquette.

This page at the Zoom site offers more details on the Original Sound settings mentioned in the Sound On Sound article:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115003279466-Enabling-option-to-preserve-original-sound

I hope that helps.

There seems to be a lot of interest in these Zoom meetings. I wonder if it would be a good idea to make it a regular weekly event? Say, for instance, every Saturday at 9 pm BST (20:00 UTC). That way, everyone knows when the next one will be well in advance and can plan on joining in. Just an idea. Not sure if it's practical.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

Great idea for a weekly meeting but would need to prearrange who sends the invites each time
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

kenny mac

Weekly meeting doesnt work for me as im on shifts.

Oldrottenhead

Same here Kenny but I could make 2 out of 4
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann