Another Songcrafters Social Call on Zoom?

Started by Greeny, July 02, 2020, 12:32:16 PM

Hilary

I'm full of admiration for all you talented people!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

kenny mac

Thanks to every one who took part in our little conversation.
My apologies for my broad Scottish acent :-\6
It was frustrating trying to figure out the music side of it but
we will get there.
Ill need to change my accent for the next one lol.
You are all stars.

Hilary

I'm so gutted I couldn't hear you play Kenny but it was obvious from what little I could hear you were born to play - you make it seem effortless!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Ferryman

My problems are more with poor internet and bad hearing rather than your accent Kenny! I get a quite a lot of sound glitches and momentary freezes on Zoom calls, so I quite often miss bits of what everyone says, Scots or not..... So apologies I appeared a bit vacant at times.

I suspect my internet issues will prevent me participating in any online music, but that may be a blessing in disguise..... I'll be a willing audience instead.

It was great to chat with everyone, and put some more faces to names. Just listening to Jim's 7/8 masterpiece as we speak.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

bruno

It was great to meet all of you - its good to see/hear the motley crew that is songcrafters after all this time. Was interesting to hear everyone's life stories - getting through this damn pandemic.

Funnily I didn't really have much of an issue with the accents, however I used to play a lot of football with a bunch of lads from Glasgow - even being on the south coast, your ear tunes in :-)

Firstly, appologies - I'm seriously rusty so didn't have anything much up my sleeve to play. I wasn't quite sure what to expect from the Zoom, but it was lots of fun.

In terms of playing, I think that latency will always be an issue - to play music together, even a few 10's a ms is noticeable, it can be done but is really hard. There are some online jamming pieces of software but never really been that successful with them.

Remember - the final theme of this Zoom meeting was to "Just buy it"  .....

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Hilary

It was lovely to hear you play again Bruno!

There must be some jamming software out there somewhere.

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

kenny mac

Lol just buy it bruno, though im open to suggestions for a good bass ,not to expensive.
Im defo not going for the violin bass lol.
After Mikes review.
I do fancy a les paul type bass.
I lost the connection about 5 times due to my blue tooth headphones I got,they are unobtrusive but if you touch them on the side they pause and in turn cut me off,right at the point you picked up the guitar bruno,andI loved that little song you came up with Hilary, you put a smile on our faces.
It was also funny to see jim slowly deteriorate into a wee rubber man lol at one point it looked like he fell off the bed and disapeared offline for about 10 mins.
I was worried my interpreter had gone AWOL .
Also congratulations Mike on being a grandad.
Tim you rattled out a lovely version of wounded souls that deserved  a better sound /connection right off the cuff.
I struggle to remember most of mine.
Its a pity I remember playing the piano with a song that just came into my head and could hear Hilary singing along.
Things like that end up being a new song ,if we where all in the same room it would have clicked.
I think being song crafters for so long makes you feel like an extended family.
Distance is a pain I remember Bruno putting out he had a place
for a jam years ago and wishing I could have went.
I enjoyed all of your company people.
Stay safe.

Pete C

Enjoyed last night's Zoom session and good to put faces to names !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

kenny mac

Quote from: Pete C on July 05, 2020, 03:07:19 PMEnjoyed last night's Zoom session and good to put faces to names !

Pete
Was great to see you pete,it is good to see people after listen to them for so long.
Makes it real.