Hello!

Started by simonjol, July 02, 2020, 10:42:11 AM

simonjol

I am Simon, graphic designer living and working in Coventry UK (from my couch mainly atm) I have had a keen interest in songwriting over the years, when life has provided me the time. I am getting more into it again with lockdown and would love too share some stuff and get involved here. I've heard good things about this forum and listening to the quality of songwriting i can see why.

Best wishes to you all!

https://soundcloud.com/simon-jolly-432790989/tailspin-1

TPB

Welcome always good to have songwriters treading the boards hope to see some of your writing soon
Tim
USA Mississippi
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

chapperz66

Hi Simon - from all the way over in Northamptonshire! Just listening to Tailspin as I type.  Good stuff.  I'm always keen to hear details of equipment used - but I'm a bit nerdy like that.  I'm not alone though.

Paul Chapman

Redler

Hello Simon! Welcome from Finland. I'm sure you're in the right place!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Hello! Welcome aboard.

simonjol

Thanks all for your kind warm welcome! I have become a bit insular with my music interest so it is great to find other writers and musicians here :)

Paul, thanks for the interest, i record with Garageband on a macbook pro. Just a Squire Telecaster, Ovation Semi Acoustic and standard Garageband organs / the odd synth now and then.

On that track I also use a Garageband plugin for some of the back up vocals - it is called Vintage Vocals and has a sample of 3 female soul singers. It's a bit inflexible but good for the ooohs and aahhs. I would love to find a female vocalist, kind of Beverley Knightesque rock soul sound to duet on the choruses.

I like to keep my music fairly basic in terms of instruments otherwise i get lost in the possibilities haha

simonjol

@Redler I visited Finland some years back, wonderful mems of Helsinki and the skiing resort Kuusamo, very near Lapland. Snow like I've never seen and those Skidoos! had an awesome time.

alfstone

Ciao dalla Sicilia! Benvenuto!

:)

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Jean Pierre

Welcome from France, Simon

I'm not a composer...just multi instrumentist (and a little singer)
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Redler

Quote from: simonjol on July 03, 2020, 03:20:31 AM@Redler I visited Finland some years back, wonderful mems of Helsinki and the skiing resort Kuusamo, very near Lapland. Snow like I've never seen and those Skidoos! had an awesome time.

I suppose you were at Ruka. I've been there in summertime (hiking). Never have driven skidoo, I'm a cross country skier.

Kuusamo is very beautiful place, it's pity I'm living in the south west part of Finland, 700 kms from Kuusamo.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR