Remote Learning...wanna learn a new skill?

Started by The Reverend 48, May 27, 2009, 04:01:42 AM

Sprocket

Quote from: Justin_Case on July 19, 2009, 07:25:25 AMI was turned on the Micro BR by Sprocket on another board and got mine on just shy of a month ago.

Glad to see youve joined the, hope the lessons are going well...and Im curious what headphones you chose?

Dont mind the butterflies posting your own tracks...itll only inspire confidence towards future projects. I'll even go as far as to say I dont even get nervous when the record light is on anymore...and because its "improvising" Im usually able to get my stuff done in one take...I even find my flubs sound good/decent(to me).

BTW, anybody interested in Strats and wants to talk up the Micro BR to other Strat playing guitarists who are unaware of the MBR's awesomeness...heres the topic  

StevieM

Oh no they don't :D

Don't worry JC, it can get a bit like a pantomime on here sometimes ;).
Welcome----you'll have a lot of fun!!
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Justin_Case

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!  :)

Quote from: Sprocket on July 19, 2009, 10:29:52 AM
Quote from: Justin_Case on July 19, 2009, 07:25:25 AMI was turned on the Micro BR by Sprocket on another board and got mine on just shy of a month ago.

Glad to see youve joined the, hope the lessons are going well...and Im curious what headphones you chose?

Dont mind the butterflies posting your own tracks...itll only inspire confidence towards future projects. I'll even go as far as to say I dont even get nervous when the record light is on anymore...and because its "improvising" Im usually able to get my stuff done in one take...I even find my flubs sound good/decent(to me).

The lessons are going very well!  Thanks for the inspiration.

Headphones - today I ordered the Sony MDR-XD200 you recommended - I found the at J&R Music World for $22.99 including delivery and no tax, should be here in a couple of days. I'm looking forward to ditching the junk ear buds.

Tony W

Justin, Welcome aboard. I hope you dig these lessons like I do. I've been a kid in the candy store for over a month. Good luck on your venture.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Justin_Case

Quote from: Tony W on July 20, 2009, 11:20:04 AMJustin, Welcome aboard. I hope you dig these lessons like I do. I've been a kid in the candy store for over a month. Good luck on your venture.

Thanks Tony - I'm enjoying the lessons immensely! 

Check out the proof!

64Guitars

That's gross!!! Get an old toothbrush and start cleaning that fretboard!

And wash your hands before you play.  ;)

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Justin_Case

Quote from: 64Guitars on July 21, 2009, 09:26:29 PMThat's gross!!! Get an old toothbrush and start cleaning that fretboard!

And wash your hands before you play.  ;)

I do wash my hands before I play :)

Don't worry - new set of strings and a setup this weekend  ;D

Tony W

Justin, one thing is for sure, your finger placement on the fretboard is good :D

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Justin_Case

I can't find the syllabus for this class  ;D - but I think I'm now all caught up, got 2.2 and the Mid-Term off to Mike this afternoon. 

The Reverend 48

Quote from: Justin_Case on July 26, 2009, 01:42:06 PMI can't find the syllabus for this class  ;D - but I think I'm now all caught up, got 2.2 and the Mid-Term off to Mike this afternoon. 
and most excellent they are too.............