Remote Learning...wanna learn a new skill?

Started by The Reverend 48, May 27, 2009, 04:01:42 AM

Tony W

You'll have to cut me a little slack on this one. Once I got the bpm down, playing along is quite a bit simpler. I have 60% hearing loss in my left ear, the right isn't nearly as bad though.. I'm hoping that is why I lose time fairly often. It slows me down, but its definitely not a stopper. Once I can put a count to the rhythm, I can find the feel.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Sprocket

Hey Mike, I just want to thank you for all that youve done...you may think you are just teaching me(us) how to improvise a lead...but you are really doing so much more!

For one, you have really made me feel like apart of this community.
There are many members here who have had a headstart and have got some really wonderful songs posted...but its really hard for us newbs to feel apart of this community sometimes, its very intimidating, "oh! I cant do that!"...but not only have you shown us we can do this...but youve inspired several of us to collaborate together on multiple projects, to be apart of something bigger/greater than ourselves alone.
And although Ive only been apart of a select few collabs amongst the 48AS's...Im very grateful for the opportunities....and the knowledge youve given me to get to this point.
Thank you!
I think you are making a great contribution to this community, more than you or anybody else has given you credit for...and Im certain it will grow and blossom to where it becomes more obvious.
Thanks again!

Tony W

Quote"oh! I can't do that!"

You know what is really funny about that?
If I were to Time Warp my (5 week ago) self to the present, and listened to me playing blues in the All Star thread.... I would have been like "No F*cking way, I plagiarized that from somebody else, where is my present self, I'm kicking my ass!"

Mike has ushered the inconceivable into the realm of reality. Pretty cool huh?

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Sprocket

Quote from: Tony W on July 14, 2009, 06:54:36 AMwhere is my present self, I'm kicking my ass!

I heard you the other day, with the pick scrapes and all...and was like OMG who the hell is that guy?! You really lit that track up!!!

Tony W

Sprocket, thank you so much. I honestly didn't know that Mike would be posting that one. I was struggling quite a bit with trying to "sound" right. On that track, I just decided to cut loose and start exploring.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Wiley

There you go Tony, surprise, surprise.  You did great.

Sprocket

Where did it get posted? I looked but didnt see it...but I was surprised to see yall posted a Major lesson, and suddenly feel like life is just passing me by...and then I notice it was posted days ago, and I missed it  :o

Justin_Case

Late to enroll here.... but I've been lurking in the background for a while.

I live in NJ, USA just outside NYC. I'm married to my teenage sweetheart for 22 years and we have 2 sons 14 and 17. I'm a basement Blues Master / Rock Star.  I played guitar in my younger days, but the as my children grew their activities and sports took over, I did not play at all for close to 13 years.  My younger son took to Guitar Hero and wanted to learn and this got me playing again. 

I was turned on the Micro BR by Sprocket on another board and got mine on just shy of a month ago.  I got in touch with 48 and got on board a little over a week ago with remote learning.  I'm having a lot of fun getting caught up.  I'm a little nervous about having my playing out on the WWW for all to hear, but I guess that the price you pay for schooling :)

I've enjoyed reading all the posts and being able to hear the work you've done.

Thanks to everyone and especially 48!

The Reverend 48

You're more than Welcome in the gang! you're already churning out some tasty licks on that fine Eric Johnson Strat!  ;) 8)
J C it might be worth saying hello in the introductions cos not everybody comes to this thread.......