Remote Learning...wanna learn a new skill?

Started by The Reverend 48, May 27, 2009, 04:01:42 AM

Wiley

OK 48 Now I understand vibrato I need a guitar with that little bendy bar thingy.  Then I could bend up and down. LOL  He is really cool!!. He looks like he picks with his bare thumb?  Darn for some reason Bluesberrys wouldn't come through Invalid parameters or some such thing.  Try again later.  That sucks.
P.J.

Tony W

Lesson 2 is fantastic. I almost made a recording last night, but decided that this lesson is just a little too fun to move on just yet.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Sprocket

If lesson 2 is the Thrill, I put too much time into it before recording...and wished I done it sooner than later...I was given 2 weeks, and probably should have completed it after 3 days, as I feel it didnt make recording any easier.

Of course YMMV

Wiley

Oh you guys!!  Not everyone can devote the same amount of time to practising.  My first lessons took a little longer as I had other things to do.  But that is what is nice.  Go at your own pace. 48 won't push to much.  He just likes to make us think.  It took me 3 weeks on lesson 3 I believe. So don't give up yet.  You already have the basics.  And Sprocket. sometimes I find the more I practice (in 1 session the worse I get. LOL)  Put the guitar down and go to your local bar (pub) have a few beers come back and everything is better. lOL
Wiley aka P.J.

Tony W

I've been fortunate lately, I have had ample amount of time to practice in the last 2 weeks. I have plenty of holes to fill, but I'm confident I'm on the right track. I couldn't help myself, I turned in lesson 2 about 15 minutes ago.
I can envision myself playing lead on stuff like: Lynyrd Skynyrd - the ballad of Curtis Lowe, or Simple Man

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tony W

Did the third lesson kick the crap out of the rest of you? I'm really struggling with slides and double stops. I can really bend the strings though! I want to throw bends into every note, even hammer-ons..... Back to work. (on the guitar that is)

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

The Reverend 48

Quote from: impudent1 on June 30, 2009, 08:24:44 PMDid the third lesson kick the crap out of the rest of you? I'm really struggling with slides and double stops. I can really bend the strings though! I want to throw bends into every note, even hammer-ons..... Back to work. (on the guitar that is)
Don't worry Tony I have a Cunning Plan that will help!

Tony W

48, You might want to edit the original post with this link:

https://songcrafters.org/community/post-your-mp3-collaborations-only/t3208/0/

I had a difficult time finding it from another computer (where it wasn't saved as a favorite).

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

StevieM

Hey Tony, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of us have the odd thing we get stuck on for a while. I was ok on slides and all that, it's turnarounds for me, getting them to go in the right place and sound right!! Still, get there in the end ;)
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Wiley