Remote Learning...wanna learn a new skill?

Started by The Reverend 48, May 27, 2009, 04:01:42 AM

Sprocket

Im kinda freakin...as I havent recorded anything yet.
When I first got this lesson, I played along and thought I nailed it...but then we had two weeks, and the more Ive messed with it, the less satisfied I am.
I gotta do something soon though, a lil over 24 hours before deadline  :-\

Wiley

OH this is too funny!! We must have all got e-mails.  Because I was freaking last night also.  I felt the stress as I am his first and should do good.!  Also because I am a girl.  Almost the only girl on the site.  He gave me a pep e-mail talk at 4:00 a.m. this morning.  So I grabbed my guitar and br and gave it a whirl . That's the one you are going to hear.   And I agree I never dreamed of being able to play something by myself. I am very grateful to him for teaching me and us.  This is going to be scary but fun.  AND you all know everyone on the site is so very gracious.  They won't say anything bad!! LOL  Just got back through posts and listen to one of mine. LOL Good luck to you all.
P.J.

Bluesberry

QuoteCome the weekend------let the test begin. To say I'm a bit nervous about putting this up for all you fantastic players to hear and comment on is putting it mildly, but I know you'll be fair,and, (hopefully), kind about it.
QuoteIm kinda freakin...as I havent recorded anything yet.

Hey there, I can't wait to hear what 48's All Stars come up with.  No pressure, its not a competition, but it is good to record yourself.  I have come a long way since I started recording myself.  The best advice I ever got was from a guy who said to play everyday, if even for only 5 minutes, you will get further in a few minutes a day than once a week for a few hours.  Mike has all the goods in terms of playing blues guitar and it will come together for sure.  Bravo Mike for doing this, I applaud you sir.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Wiley

OH STevie M  I also was going to mention by myself. LOL My hubby is so used to listening to me he just closes his ears.  The funniest thing to him is when I am doing a vocal track.  (not the main one) but the harmony.  He says when I have my headphones on and singing. And he can't here the music he says it is the funniest thing he has ever heard. So I went back and turned the volume down on the main vocal and his is right. I laughed till the tears rolled.

Wiley

Oh Bluesberry thanks so much for the encouragement.  I want to also give 64 guitars a BIG SPECIAL THANKS for making this a sticky or whatever it is called so we don't have to search all the time.  Isn't it amazing what this site has done for some of us??  A BIG THANKS TO PEDRO!!!

Sprocket

Yeah me!
I got it done, on time and it wasnt last minute either! ;D

A lil crude, but done  ;)
...and anxiously awaiting the next lesson!
...so I can get better :-\

Tony W

48, I owe you a public apology for not having my exchange server/firewall in order yet. I sent you an email with a new address. I'll work out the rules as time goes on. You know what they say, better to err on the safe side.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

The Reverend 48

Quote from: impudent1 on June 16, 2009, 02:02:47 PM48, I owe you a public apology for not having my exchange server/firewall in order yet. I sent you an email with a new address. I'll work out the rules as time goes on. You know what they say, better to err on the safe side.
No you don't ;)
I am glad we are now cooking with gas :D
looking forward to hearing some Blues! 8)

Tony W

Quote from: 48 on June 17, 2009, 06:26:30 AM
Quote from: impudent1 on June 16, 2009, 02:02:47 PM48, I owe you a public apology for not having my exchange server/firewall in order yet. I sent you an email with a new address. I'll work out the rules as time goes on. You know what they say, better to err on the safe side.
No you don't ;)
I am glad we are now cooking with gas :D
looking forward to hearing some Blues! 8)

LOL I'm looking forward to playing something that sounds like blues instead of just a scale! The timing is absolutely perfect for me too. This fits exactly where I am heading with my lessons.

What is funny is how my perspective has changed over the course of the last 3 months. My original goal was to sit around the campfire and play for an hour or 2. I never anticipated moving beyond the third fret. I based my goals on 8 years of failure. This is what I like about goals, they are relative and can change in the spur of the moment.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

StevieM

Hey Mike, This is for you!!
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!