Remote Learning...wanna learn a new skill?

Started by The Reverend 48, May 27, 2009, 04:01:42 AM

Sprocket

Quote from: 48 on June 08, 2009, 06:22:57 AMis there anyway admin could make this sticky for a while?

Yeah, these lessons are a nice stepping stone to posting you own MP3s here at the forum...they have certainly encouraged me to do so and you should expect a track from me in the up coming week.
I find the lessons even encourage learning more about the MBR and its features.
These lessons will only benefit this community...and Im very grateful that 48 offered me this opportunity. Its really opened up alot to me, in just 2 lessons...Im having fun like never before!

StevieM

Yep. I've gotta say a big thanks to Mike too. It's the first time I've been disciplined enough to learn anything properly!!
Sorry folks,  some of the  stuff I've learnt will be posted soon, get your earmuffs ready ;D
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Wiley

;D ;D ;D Yup what are all them guys going to think of us?  I am having the time of my life.  And it actually sounds like I play guitar.  Can't wait to hear you guys.  48 is going to become a famous teacher. LOL I got a 14 yr old girl who want to learn to play.  I told her I will help her play chords and then she's onto 48's lessons.  The one thing I like is we can progress at our own speed.  Some times one just doesn't have the time they would like. Catch you soon.
P.J. :D :D

StevieM

You've got at least one up on me then PJ, ( probably several things) I can't play chords either!!!
I just want to catch up with you ;D.
I think Mike should start charging for this, he's good enough. Maybe put out a DVD or something---- But not for us, of course ;)
What might be really interesting is if we get together and do something ourselves? I could do the words, you the rythym/vocals, we could share the lead between all of us?
 Maybe something to think about at some stage?
If we did it through E mail all of us, something as a thanks to mike?
Got something vaguely worked out already. That goes for the whole 48 crew ( but NOT mike)!!!
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Wiley

Now that is really weird. I was just e-mailing 48 and telling him we could do our own song. All of us take turns like the big jam.  But I figured he should be included as he is our teacher.  And yes I think he could charge for his lessons.  It takes time to work them up.  The best thing is he makes sense out of it. And for people that don't know the notes you don't need to.  It is all about positions. He is just wonderful for helping us all.

Tony W

Wiley, thanks so much for posting your work, it inspired me to "play with myself in a day....Blues 101" that is. That is very uncomfortable to type by the way. On other forums, I can't help but think I'd be banned for that.

48 Bring on the lessons!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Wiley

Impudent1 How funny is that.  I don't think you would be banned.  I play with myself all the time. LOL LOL LOL.  Only one I got to play with, other than 48 long distance. LOL Hey with a name like Impudent you can probably say most anything. And by yourself ain't all bad. LOL  And for posting my work I played 2 guitar tracks that way it sort of covered up the obvious boo boos.  Anyway hope to hear you soon.  I feel at the disadvantage being a girl and all.

Ferryman

May I just say a big well done to Mike and all of you for doing this. Mike sent me the first lesson, and it's really great. I've been playing guitar and bass for nearly 40 years but never had one lesson and I learned something new straight away! I'm looking forward to hearing your progress (PJ we know you are already making great progress). Great to see this happening on the forum.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

The Reverend 48

Quote from: impudent1 on June 10, 2009, 08:02:54 AMWiley, thanks so much for posting your work, it inspired me to "play with myself in a day....Blues 101" that is. That is very uncomfortable to type by the way. On other forums, I can't help but think I'd be banned for that.
48 Bring on the lessons!

We all play with ourselves most days ;D
Welcome to the "48 All Stars" ;)

Quote from: Ferryman_1957 on June 11, 2009, 01:14:15 AMMay I just say a big well done to Mike and all of you for doing this. Mike sent me the first lesson, and it's really great. I've been playing guitar and bass for nearly 40 years but never had one lesson and I learned something new straight away! I'm looking forward to hearing your progress (PJ we know you are already making great progress). Great to see this happening on the forum.

Cheers,

Nigel

Thanks Nigel
It's a lot of work but I am really enjoying this and I am beginning to think I've hit on a good way of teaching and learning.......and believe it or not I think it is also improving my playing, so everyone's a winner......  8)

We plan to share some cool licks this weekend! 8)

StevieM

I don't have any option BUT to play with myself, and I have to shut the door 'cos my wife don't like the noise much. She doesn't play at all!!

I'm just gonna let you lot be the judge on my playing, but got to say, had a lot of fun learning. It's about the first time I'm REALLY pleased with what comes out of those 6 strings and a plank of wood.
I've tried all sorts of ways to get to grips with things before, but this is the first time it's worked. Maybe it's 'cos Mike's being good enough to give his time to do this and I don't want let him down, maybe it's just that I'd love to be able to take proper part on here for once. Probably a combination of both those, and other stuff, but it's worked ;D
Also got two people to say thanks to for this.  Mike for doing such a bloody good job, (and he must  be able to somehow 'de-tune' his ears, or maybe use virtual cheese, with some of the stuff I've sent him :o), and PJ for asking him in the first place!!
Come the weekend------let the test begin. To say I'm a bit nervous about putting this up for all you fantastic players to hear and comment on is putting it mildly, but I know you'll be fair,and, (hopefully), kind about it.

That's it, sort of serious bit over now ;D