Remote Learning...wanna learn a new skill?

Started by The Reverend 48, May 27, 2009, 04:01:42 AM

Tony W

I just had the best practice feeling of my life!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Sprocket

Quote from: Tony W on July 30, 2009, 10:11:27 PMI just had the best practice feeling of my life!

I know what you mean, Im really digging the major lesson...after noodling around with it this weekend, I managed to find multiple chord voicings in the patterns...and Ive been having fun tying the riffs into the chords by finishing the riff off with a different chord shape.

SteveG

Quote from: Sprocket on August 03, 2009, 06:27:59 AM
Quote from: Tony W on July 30, 2009, 10:11:27 PMI just had the best practice feeling of my life!

I know what you mean, Im really digging the major lesson...after noodling around with it this weekend, I managed to find multiple chord voicings in the patterns...and Ive been having fun tying the riffs into the chords by finishing the riff off with a different chord shape.

Not got that far yet, looking forward to it tho....

Sprocket

Quote from: SteveG on August 03, 2009, 09:51:17 AM
Quote from: Sprocket on August 03, 2009, 06:27:59 AM

Not got that far yet, looking forward to it tho....

Ah, yer an old pro...youll be there in no time.

Im just stoked on how many different chord voicings there are in the major scale as opposed to the minor scale, and I was able to get some good sweeps with the minor. And most of the chord voicings are right in the same ballpark as the blues note, so itll make for some nice turnarounds(for me)  ending on the "I". 
Now if I could only get the hang of these major turnarounds...I feel like I need to walk it the opposite direction(going up instead of down).
Sorry Mike, these turnarounds are gonna take me sometime to work out before I can return the lesson...but Im having lots of fun and finding lots of useful bits(all on my own) along the way! 

Justin_Case

I challenged myself and  spent the last couple of days practicing on the 48's extend lesson of " The Thrill is Gone" backer by changing each time to one of the 80 pre-programed  patches that the MBR comes with. ???

Yep - all 80 patches - I really had great time experimenting with range of tones and the styling that I could develop with each patch. 

cuthbert

I'm looking forward to beginning class this week!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Tony W

Sprocket, I'm not into the major scale yet. I'm still developing raw motor skills through the minor scale, and working on timing. I play 1/4 notes just fine, but struggle keeping time when trying to go with 1/8 or 1/16th notes.

When I throw in some expression, then I really get lost, but its getting a lot better.

All things said, I have had a musical experience like this. I look forward to practicing every day.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

SteveG

Anyone who is thinking of signing up for the course, go for it!! If you cant solo at all then the blues is where it all came from so makes sense to start there, or if you are a rocker who cant "do" blues then you can ... it is all here.
Mike has managed to put together a logically progressing course of improv' based lessons with minimal theory. Just listen to the samples, put your fingers where he says and POW!! .... instant bluesman :D
I have been messing with the blues for a hell of a long time, and I am very impressed by this, I was learning new things by lesson 3 which I did not expect!
Top marks to Mike for putting it all together, and for the time and efort he is putting into sharing it with us ... cheers mate :)

Wiley

wow thats impressive coming from you STeveG And I already think HE"S GREAT!! Just like Tony the Tiger. LOL

The Reverend 48