Remote Learning...wanna learn a new skill?

Started by The Reverend 48, May 27, 2009, 04:01:42 AM

StevieM

Hey PJ, the only way I can play chords is to open tune and bar them!! It's just as well I don't need to know notes, the thoery side goes so far over my head it's in the stratosphere. All I've done so far is really just sort of 'fiddle about', and as for remembering anything a goldfish is a bloody mastermind compared to me >:(

It's great the way he's done this, even I might learn something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good idea about the 48 Jam session. Could be fun.
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Kody

Hey guys, a friend turned me on to this cool free software....Live video chat by Dell, but you DO NOT have to have a Dell to use it....This could be a great tool for Long-distance guitar lessons...

http://www.sightspeed.com/dellvideochat/support
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Sprocket

Im suddenly feeling like I got in over my head...Im not having a hard time with the lesson, but the MBR and all of its features are overwhelming me and pulling me in a multitude of directions of things to learn.

AND Im a total newb to this MBR...so much so that I dont know how to record myself along side 48's backing track(MP3) to return my homework to him.

What do I do here?
Im behind on my lesson and need to get this done...and I need to learn this simple task, and its annoying me!

64Guitars

Quote from: Sprocket on June 02, 2009, 04:20:21 PMI dont know how to record myself along side 48's backing track(MP3)

You need to import the MP3 to a pair of tracks, then record yourself on the remaining two tracks. Full details are here:

http://www.geocities.com/sixtyfourguitars/BossBr/Tutorials/Micro_BR_Import.html

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Sprocket

Thanks for the link, Im reading that now.

Wow, that was too easy...I feel dumb for asking, but Im learning this stuff one step at a time, its just so difficult to focus on one aspect of this recorder as there are sooo many features, and I never imagined Id be using the recording feature at all when I initially purchased this as a trainer.

Thanks again...now back to work.

StevieM

Hey Sprocket, don't fret about it. I'm having the same problem!!
I got my MBR in december, but other stuff ( and plain laziness :() got in the way, so as well as doing Mikes lessons, I'm having to sort that out too.
Still having to look in the book just to do simple things, but it does sink in,honest.
If I can do it, just about anyone can.
Keep at it, it's worth it in the end ;)
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Bluesberry

I cant wait to hear some nice blues posted from you guys!!! Learn these machines good.  It takes a time, don't sweat it, but the rewards will make it all worth it.  And once you learn a few things, you don't forget them, just keep going.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Sprocket

Well I just finished my first lesson  ;D
Thanks for the tips and advice on the recording side guys.

Im really diggin ALL that Im learning with this "remote learning".
Not only am I learning how to use the box patterns, but Im learning basics of the MBR...I just did my first bounce! Converted that V track to MP3 and then sent it via email to 48.
Thanks 48, hearing myself play along really built up some confidence and I really look forward to the next lesson...I wont be so slow/late with my homework next time.

The Reverend 48

Quote from: Sprocket on June 03, 2009, 12:47:09 AMWell I just finished my first lesson  ;D
Thanks for the tips and advice on the recording side guys.

Im really diggin ALL that Im learning with this "remote learning".
Not only am I learning how to use the box patterns, but Im learning basics of the MBR...I just did my first bounce! Converted that V track to MP3 and then sent it via email to 48.
Thanks 48, hearing myself play along really built up some confidence and I really look forward to the next lesson...I wont be so slow/late with my homework next time.
Hey Neal I'm glad your getting to gripes with your MBR..lookin forward to hearing your lesson, but its not a race take your time and enjoy!

The Reverend 48

We now have 4 budding Bluesmen! 8) 8) 8) 8)
is there anyway admin could make this sticky for a while?
Thanks Mike