Remote Learning...wanna learn a new skill?

Started by The Reverend 48, May 27, 2009, 04:01:42 AM

The Reverend 48

PJ (Wiley) asked me to give her a hand to develop some Blues lead guitar stuff...
No problem in principal......... but she lives 3000 miles away... :o ???
We have developed a simple little package of lessons incorporating you tube clips some simple diagrams. Some examples and dialogue recorded by me on the BR...we accompanied this with a few backers we passed back and forth.

This is working as you can hear  8)
https://songcrafters.org/community/micro-br-b65/greeny%27s-heart-in-a-cage-by-wiley/0/

So if anybody out there has the time and fancies a bit of one on one distance learning I am happy to help with the "48 play with yourself in a day...Blues 101" ;D
Email me at mmacforte@googlemail.com.......

If anybody has time I would really love help in developing my Blues into more mainstream Rock or even Metal ;D ;)...If you can help email me!

As Geir and Greeny pointed out this learning exchange could be a real bonus to the community........
Maybe others will enjoy helping others develop new musical skills.....

Geir

I got a request last night from a woman I went to school with that had picked up that I had played a blues-jam with people from all over the world. Her son plays guitar and she wanted to know how we did it and what her son had to do to be a part of something like that. I naturally told her about this site and the fine people here, and now I have even more news for her!!!!

This could develop into a new subgroup, where tutoring material could be posted and people could request/offer help in developing their skills!

I think it's really great what you've done Mike !!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bro

Great job on teaching wiley!

She has done some great blues guitar work!

And I'm quite sure some of the credit goes to you :) Great job!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Sprocket

Quote from: 48 on May 27, 2009, 04:01:42 AMSo if anybody out there has the time and fancies a bit of one on one distance learning I am happy to help with the "48 play with yourself in a day...Blues 101" ;D
Email me at mmacforte@googlemail.com.......

Im a newb to the forum, so I feel kinda strange asking to take you up on your offer...but I feel stuck and need some help. I know chords and the 5 box patterns...I just need a spark.
I'll send you and email, but that above address looks a lil funny...Ill figure it out Im sure.

StevieM

E mail on it's way Mike. Hope you like a challenge, but if you can get me to play ANYTHING like that, you can do it with anyone!!!
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

The Reverend 48

Sprocket, StevieM
We're on 8)
Get your guitars out and I'll meet you at the Crossroads ;) >:(

Sprocket

Thanks, I got your emails...I look forward to diggin in.

BTW, hello from Florida!  ;D
WOW! Im takin lessons from a dude in Manchester...thats pretty cool!

StevieM

Yep, I got them too, thanks Mike. Now the hard work starts ;D
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Kody

This is very cool!  I have a friend who wants me to give guitar lessons to via webcam...Have you guys thought of that?  I have a crappy webcam, but I don't know how to live chat with it...Lame, I know!!  Do you use MSN messenger somehow or what "free" software do I need? Does anybody know?

It's a great idea using Youtube videos and recorded clips, but if I can, I'd like to use a live webcam...
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Wiley

Sprocket and STevie M I know 48 can help you. I had basic knowlege of a guitar, I could play basic chords. but not bar chords. I know what they are, but my fingers just won't work that way. Also I play bass. But with 48's charts you don't need to know notes or anything.  Just follow his patterns. Granted I have some experience moving fingers as a bass player. but I always wanted to play some kind of LEAD guitar.  I would ask friends etc. to show me licks whatever, but it never sunk in until 48 helped me. I can't praise him enough.  I will have to work hard to stay ahead of you guys. LOL  And take your time.  LIke I said once.  It takes me 1-2 weeks to post back to him.  I don't have a lot of time to practice. But when I do I usually try and sit down for at least an hour.  Then next time, I forgot what I did. LOL  Good luck to both of you and maybe we can have a newbies blues jam featuring 48's students. LOL 
Good Luck