My new guitar Disaster

Started by kenny mac, June 18, 2020, 09:03:05 AM

bruno

Good glue (I like Gorilla glue) and clamps. Lots of online videos on fixing - as long as its well clamped, it should be fixable. Whether it plays as well as it once did, that is a different question, but worth a shot.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

hooper

It hurts to see that happen!  I have a FB friend who is a master guitar tec and he posts pics of repair jobs, including a lot of broken headstocks.  He uses a technique where he routes and chisels a pair of 'trenches' into the back of the headstock and then fits and glues in a couple of 'cleats' and carves them down to fit the neck and headstock. After that its just a matter of doing a good paint/finishing job.
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

kenny mac

So an update.
This guitar is a Michael kelly visionary with a floating neck system.
I had one before that the bridge lifted completely off,a black one.
It was my fault ,I hung it behind a large Tv and the heat must have loosend the glue.
So anyway seen the natural wood one and that was the one that arrived with the snapped neck.

They dont seem to make them anymore so I was gutted.
So I glued the neck back on,it started to lift again.
I did this another two times,same result.
So i had an idea,could I swap the neck from the old one that was now wrecked?
Im pleased to say it worked,although its black.it actually looks ok  and now the guitars got a story,I never gave up on it.
Coincidently its the acoustic thats playing on the song I posted called the sea of love.

Mike_S

Ohhh looks great... I am a big fan of the darker colour necks anyway. All the best guitars have a wee story to tell!
recorder
iPad GarageBand

thetworegs

Looks great, a good Job well done

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Greeny

I like a story with a happy ending :-)

cuthbert

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Ferryman

Nice work! I can tune 'em and change strings, that's about it. So I am very impressed with your work here.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Kenneth

Wow! I can imagine the horror when you opened the package.
Glad things worked out.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman