Great Expectations by Oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, June 05, 2020, 01:41:45 PM

Ferryman

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on June 06, 2020, 02:50:40 AManyway it then resulted in a deeply personal work related lyric surfacing up from somewhere.
Aha, that makes sense. I get the feeling that the lyrics may be related to your work. They speak of realising potential, especially when you haven't started with a great deck of cards. They  really touched me.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hook

Quote from: Greeny on June 06, 2020, 06:19:09 AMSublime. Ethereal yet insistent. 
The space inside of this tune is incredible, I dig brother.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Mike_S

It's true the lyrics in this are very moving. I love lyrics that have a real significance or meaning to the writer but can be interpreted in different ways fitting into a particular feeling or experience the listener can relate to.

Losing those drums was a bold move as well, it lets the tune just drift along better without being tied down to rigid beat. I love music like this.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

Jimmy James!!

Great tune, glad to hear this!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Ella

So beautiful song. I like the lyrics also. There is always a chance for a new start. I think it´s very comforting thought.

danthecoat

This is what i both love and hate about this site (lol)

I love it when i miss a song for a few days and then bam it comes out of nowhere and i think WOW how did i miss this !!! I also love the fact that there is so much great music here that sometimes it takes a while to get through all of them and out of the blue i'm treated with a beautiful song.

I hate the fact that i think a song has been skillfully put together and then possibly ignored as theres nothing more important to me than giving well deserved feedback.

This is beautiful and reminds me of a song i did with Ken a few weeks back. Sometimes space is whats needed to make that song beautiful like that old blues adage its not what you play its what you dont.

Great stuff 

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

StephenM

what i love the most on this one is the guitars over the synths...there is a kind of distorted dreamy guitar (I think) very quietly in the left headphone that adds so much character...
I also like the way the reverb has been added (I guess it's delay actually either way I like it) to the voice...that is a neat effect.
this has a touch...just a touch of Pink Floyd vibe....
as for the lyrics I can tell they are personal...to someone or something...for me I TRY NOT TO READ TOO MUCH INTO LYRICS. 

I really enjoyed reading Andy's comments as well... I realize yet again we are all different, come at things differently...think differently but we can all help each other get better ( or conversely tear each other down)...
I learn alot reading comments.  Mainly on how to record better ,tricks etc...but also how to approach people better...to see things through their eyes..

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

guitarron

I nice mellow listen with coffee this morning.
Yah sometimes drums give a certain rigidity to song. The song slowly breathes. Lovely tune Jim

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

QuoteAha, that makes sense. I get the feeling that the lyrics may be related to your work. They speak of realising potential, especially when you haven't started with a great deck of cards. They  really touched me.
Nail on the head.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann