"Homeowner's Blues" w/Lurker

Started by Blooby, June 04, 2020, 06:03:35 PM

Blooby

Homeowner's Blues 1 (192)
Time:
0:00
Volume:

I had the main riff forever. I always imagined some sort of Jimmie Vaughan thing, but it got sped up a bit, and we ended up with something not to be taken too seriously. John's delivery on the cockroach line in the outro still cracks me up.

Guinness and Glenmorangie single malt this evening.

Blooby

Oldrottenhead

i am not allowed guinness. lost weekends et al.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Redler

It's pity that BluesFest is not in progress, anymore... This has so good groove and the freaky outro works fine! Well done, guys!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

danthecoat

I do love my blues and this has a great groove and the vocals are superb. That blues lead for me is what grabs me. You cant guess wheres its gonna go and thats what i love.

Hell Yeah ;) 8)

Ferryman

Brilliant! Huge fun, the lyrics were cracking me up, but underpinning it is a fab groovy blues track with some stunning guitar work. Loved the breakdown at the end. Loved it.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Farrell Jackson

A fun blues! I like the homeowner's humor in the lyric. Yeah, I can hear the Jimmie Vaughn style in your approach to this. Some cool lead work Blooby.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Greeny

Absolutely fantastic. Incredible chops & tone, and the (highly relatable!) lyric is superb. I'm very fond of a blues shuffle and this is a cracker.

"When are ya gonna fix that...?". Lol.

AndyR

Hahahahaha!

Dig the guitaring, but what a vocal! Superb. And it goes with the Jimmie Vaughan thinking.

Excellent and thoroughly amusing blues.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Flash Harry

It's a four piece session band isn't it?

You're scamming us aren't you.

I'm not listening to any more of your stuff, underwear or no.

Faark.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Mike_S

Quality... I love the carefree approach to this - albeit aided with Guinness and Whisky! But the relaxed approach is what makes it work so well. From John's vocal, to those lovely guitar runs and that great choice of guitar effects it's a great tune. It does feel obligatory to have a drink when listening which is exactly what I am doing. Cheers lads!!

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand