Work in progress

Started by indierik, May 26, 2009, 03:01:12 PM

indierik

EG6AC701
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I cannot tell you how happy I am with this new one, it is so me! I still need to work out a second guitar track for the beginning half of the song, I have some ideas, but the basic structure of the song it done. This is what I've been striving for all along; complex indie-pop-rock. With this piece I really feel like I have matured as a musician over the past year or so. I hope you guys like it.

And yes, it needs bass and vox.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Geir

And you should be happy !! great tune ... can't wait to see where this is going !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Facemask93

Sounds good so far , i like the drum track a lot , can't wait for some vox.

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Bosko Schwartz

Another beautiful indie tune from indierik!  Awesome work.  As a drummer, I can appreciate the unique drum beat in the verses.  I also like the other part with the fast guitar strumming.  It's very late 80s/early 90s indie-pop-rock.  I'm thinking Smiths, Sundays, etc.  I would love to hear this with bass and a real drummer.  That said, the drum programming is great.

Great job -- you nailed this song!
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Wiley

This will be very interesting when you are done with it. Can't wait.

launched

Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on May 26, 2009, 05:53:03 PM...That said, the drum programming is great...

I agree - You can handle the MBR kit very well - something I get frustrated with. It really makes the song, along with the great guitar.

Well done - your efforts have paid off in spades.

Later,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

indierik

Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on May 26, 2009, 05:53:03 PMAnother beautiful indie tune from indierik!  Awesome work.  As a drummer, I can appreciate the unique drum beat in the verses.  I also like the other part with the fast guitar strumming.  It's very late 80s/early 90s indie-pop-rock.  I'm thinking Smiths, Sundays, etc.  I would love to hear this with bass and a real drummer.  That said, the drum programming is great.

Thanks Bosko! Question: is that your band the Stan Laurels? If so what part do you play? I'm impressed, and I'm not easily impressed. I'm sending you a friends request.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

joseph

Wow this is great, I can't wait to hear the finished product.

You have a knack for programming drums.
http://unstableau.tumblr.com - my blog: music, writings, doodles, etc

Greeny

I can hear the Johnny Marr style and class in this one. Just great! It's a killer track... a real killer. Love it.

Bosko Schwartz

Thanks, indierik!  Yes, that's my "band," which consists solely of me.  I started out being a exclusively a drummer, but in The Stan Laurels I play all the instruments.  I haven't had much time for myspace recently, but I will certainly accept your request next time I log in, and will check out your page, as I can't wait to hear more of your work.  Come check out my MP3 posts when you get a chance -- it's pretty lonely over there in the BR-1600 section!

By the way, this song is just awesome!  I am listening to it yet again (for like the 5th time in a row) and I LOVE it.  :) :D ;D
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels