She Was Dead When I Put Her In The Ground - AndyR Original (Remastered)

Started by AndyR, June 03, 2020, 04:48:51 AM

chapperz66

Wow. Blimey.  Words fail me.  Brilliant stuff.  I will try to be more erudite next time I listen to this - which will be soon.

Paul

thetworegs

Back for some more ... i forgot to applaud last time bravo!

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

maxit

Perfect song, catches you from the first line, tom waits will steal it from you if you let him hear it ????
recorder
Audacity

AndyR

Hehehe... It's not the first time I've stolen the "vibe" from Tom Waits (there's a thing called Somedays on here somewhere that was a direct attempt at writing a Tom Waits song - maybe even nicking the chords/structure - it's a blues after all - from a song on Mule Variations)

... I've been quiet for the last week or two because I'm struggling with the next song (nearly solved :D) ... I very nearly gave up for a bit and recorded another "death" acoustic song. Slightly different to this. It's from 1994 (in fact, there's still 4 or 5 songs from that year that I want to do, and it's already produced several on here, Sleeping With The Ghost, Warriors, Elizabeth's Room).

BUT ... the reason for commenting here... I just took delivery of a matched pair of compact cardioid condenser mics... (Rode M5s) ... OH. MY. GOODNESS.

I've been threatening to buy something like it for YEARS and YEARS... but it seemed a little excessive.

What I've been doing on these "live" acoustic jobbies is stick the vocal through a large Condensor (Rode NT1000), then use a pair of SM57s for the guitar. One on the soundboard, one on the fingerboard. I've done this on many things, it's what I did here for She Was Dead. It results in... well, ok... but it's often a mixing nightmare, and I'm never ever happy...

I've been blaming the room... and just putting up with what I can do...

Yesterday, when the M5s arrived, I set up in the "live singer-songwriter" position with the M5s instead of the 57s... and just slapped down one of the next songs, unrehearsed, to test it out ... it might be a fluke, and I'll never be able to repeat it... but HOLY F...!!! (Flip)

When Mrs R got home, I played it to her... she was "oh my goodness... I can't usually hear a difference when you buy new stuff, but this... wow"

I got some rehearsing to do, and the band thing to complete first, but watch this space!! 8) 8) 8) 8)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1