What recording gear do you use?

Started by kenny mac, May 29, 2020, 10:24:10 AM

Greeny

I write the song on a guitar (mostly), then create a drum track in Garageband. I might also add other keys and synths at that point too. Then I load the backer into the MBR and record all the guitars, bass and vox. Final song mix / production is always on the MBR. I then trim using Audacity, and add any extra sound fx or production effects.

Pretty lo-fi and simple really. Like me!!!!

chapperz66

Presonus Studio One 4.6 pro through a presonus vs1818 interface. An embarrassing amount of soft synths (and a few hardware ones) and a few guitars.

Pete C

I've been using a Boss BR-600 which I bought around 2007, joining Songcrafters in 2010 and a couple of years later started to use Audacity to trim my finished tracks. I was hoping to do more music during lockdown and after 5 weeks decided to treat myself to a BoSS BR800 as the BR600 isn't compatible with Windows 10 and for the past few years I've had a long and convoluted process to get my tracks off the recorder and onto my PC. The day it arrived I got a call from work that I had to go in and collect a laptop and start working from home which has reduced the amount of free time I was enjoying ! The BR800 seems fairly similar in operation to the BR600 so hoping to be up and running with it soon.

Pete

recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

maxit

Here's my studio ...  I'm quite lazy so I got the zipped version. Guitar+MIDI Keyboard, Zoom H1 mic, Mixcraft DAW.
recorder
Audacity

Jean Pierre

I use Reaper as DAW with a behringer 0404 soundcard, for the vocals an AKG Precision mic
and recently the excellent CLA plug-ins from Waves
For the instruments a keyboard and soundfonts
I have a classical guitar from a luthier that I paid quite a lot (3000 euros) but for the other guitars I am fond of cheap guitars with an excellent quality/price ratio.
(Squier Strato, Epiphone Les paul and especially the Harley Benton guitars which have an exceptional quality/price ratio (like my telecaster guitar kit paid 79 euros! and which I love!
you can see my little studio home on this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSbVSkuUJzc
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

danthecoat

So thats where all the magic happens ? Nice space you have there

Thanks for sharing. It was my dream to write songs professionally for artists now Its my dream to just have a room to myself (lol)

Farrell Jackson

recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

IanR

I use all the Presonus gear in the list below. I love their stuff and my old laptop handles it with ease.

I have sold all the Roland/Boss gear I started out with. Also stopped using Cakewalk/Sonar after Gibson gave it away. It was getting unwieldy anyway.

I have no set process. It seems to change with every piece of music that comes out.

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One