What recording gear do you use?

Started by kenny mac, May 29, 2020, 10:24:10 AM

kenny mac

Hi guys,
Im always amazed about the quality the recording work is on this site.
It would be interesting to hear what recording platform you alk use?
I use Auria Pro and an ipad focusrite docking station.

danthecoat

I use Reaper as my Daw and a Focusrite Scarlett Solo. I use a Boss Katana Amp for my guitars. Ive just bought an Ipad so i can use garageband especially that sweet hammond :) (Thanks Tim) ;)

Farrell Jackson

I still use my Fostex VF160 standalone to record with and clean up the tracks in Audacity.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ferryman

I record direct into the BR-800. All individual tracks are exported as .wav files to my DAW (on a PC), which is Magix Samplitude. Mixing is done in Samplitude then I use Isotope Ozone 9 for mastering.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hook

I use my BR80 and an assortment of ukes, guitars, drums, and all the other crazy shit Ive collected over the years. Mostly record in my car, love my Ipad and hope to regain my mojo.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Flash Harry

I use Reaper as my DAW, a Scarlet 8i6 as the audio interface, though I have been using the Behringer XAir18 a bit too.

I have a Rode NT1A, an SE H1 and a number of Shure and Sennheiser mics.

A Samson Servo 170 amp and Alesis Monitor 1 nearfields. I also have a Behringer BCF2000 control surface which is better than using a mouse, finer control.

Mostly guitar is straight out of a Boss GT8 into the sound card, bass, synths, edrums normally straight in.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oldrottenhead

I use whatever is at hand. Love the micro br for getting stuff from brain to track instantly. My br800 I love for getting a vibe on eight tracks, but my MacBook gives me the benefit of both and I can see if I'm peaking. If I had none of aboVe I would use Anything as I have done over the years.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

cuthbert

Mostly the MicroBR because it's so handy, but I almost always do my mixing in Adobe Audition - mainly for flexibility, but also for plugins and (virtual) faders. Audacity for basic trimming and adding metadata after that.

But oh - I just got a Focusrite Scarlet Solo 3rd Gen mainly on danthecoat's recommendation (thanks!). Got it working with Audition over the past weekend - this will open up many more possibilities!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Redler

I use both Micro BR and BR-80. Micro BR is like "notebook", too. If I get some ideas, I record them with mp3 feature of the recorder.
I have also BR-800, but I haven't used almost at all  - those little BRs are so handy and portable (for cabin recording). I clean up/trim tracks and remove hiss on Audacity.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mike_S

I record direct line in to GarageBand with my guitar. Same with vocals. I add software drums and bass with GarageBand. I used to record with Logic Pro and even Cubase for a while but while I found all the software very impressive if I am honest if you don't know what you are doing you can make your songs sound worse by messing around with stuff you don't understand. I have reverted to literally just recording in GarageBand, panning stuff left and right, getting volumes right and then at the end if an instrument is a bit lost I will try and rectify with EQ.

But moral of my story is less messing, better result.
recorder
iPad GarageBand