Updates from lockdown

Started by Mike_S, May 24, 2020, 10:35:34 AM

kenny mac

Quote from: Greeny on May 26, 2020, 10:01:19 AMI'm so happy you're all here.
And you too my Friend,stay safe .

alfstone

This one is the best news we could expect.

For me it's been very hard by the professional point of view, even if not  in absolute terms (until now the south of Italy has been hit only marginally, and everything leads to think about a positive evolution in the next future). Apart from that, even if I am at risk for age and some healthy problem (hypertension), of course I have kept on working, seeing patients everyday and so on, but every single call of someone with fever and cough was very stressful, just a flow chart with the questions, wait-and-see, hope well, no idea about what therapy I should suggest, if things don't get better call the ambulance...the daily count of my colleagues dead (more than 60 GPs)...a nightmare. I've even lost 5 kg in three months!!! Many my colleagues are beginning to think to retire as soon as possible. It's been hard, because after so many years I have discovered that in front of a new situation we had almost nothing to offer, and believe me this is a great sense of fail.

I'm really glad many of you could make music! Much more than in previous months! I hope to begin again as soon as my mind is a little more calm...

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

danthecoat

Im so glad ive found you all its like ive come home. You have all been so friendly and welcoming and supportive

Thank You All  ;)

Hilary

Quote from: alfstone on May 26, 2020, 11:16:12 AM

It's been hard, because after so many years I have discovered that in front of a new situation we had almost nothing to offer, and believe me this is a great sense of fail.

I'm really glad many of you could make music! Much more than in previous months! I hope to begin again as soon as my mind is a little more calm...

Alfredo

No one's got anything to offer for this pandemic Alfredo and your SC Covid-19 updates have been very much appreciated here.

I glad you are still safe and am looking forward to you making music again!

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Hook

Hi guys, glad to hear everyone is safe and well. My family is healthy and my wife and I are both working delivery jobs. She delivers groceries for Shipt and I do food for ubereats. We are lucky to have work for sure.

My entertainment company of 20 years is nothing right now. I usually have 90+ concerts booked for the summer and I have 1 virtual show for one counties libraries and and a possible 2nd show. I am seeing a few restaurants starting with   live music again so I might try to do cover gigs again. My website went unpaid by accident and its gonna cost me about $250 to get it back up and $$s a little tight right now.

Mentally I'm struggling a bit. I have some fear off getting sick stuff, anxiety and depression. I usually take some comfort in making music but I just cant seem to do it right now. I have 2 collabs I'm having trouble doing and just all around motivation issues. I'm certainly not looking for sympathy just telling it like it is. I'm aware enough to deal with it all but not doing it very gracefully I think.

Like Greeny, I'm a bit of a vinyl junkie. I had to replace my turntable and upgraded from an all in one cheapie to a real nice Audio Technica AT-LP120xusb and it is pretty Damn incredible. It's like listening to all new recordings. I never realized what a difference good turntable and needle make.
I've been really into Traffic, The Grateful Dead and Jefferson Airplane/Starship among others. I just got, for my birthday, the Jefferson Airplane 3 record set of the entire Woodstock set and it is truly incredible. Sounds so good, I close my eyes and I'm not even close to being there but perhaps I'm a little muddy.

All in all I am fortunate to have an income as I was denied any of the grants I applied for and unemployment was a no go. I am fortunate that my whole family is healthy but concerned as we reopen far to quickly. I am fortunate for this community even though I am woefully absent currently.
Stay safe my friends, I will try and listen soon to all this music you guys keep churning out, it's impressive.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

thetworegs

Hope all goes well. Just remember this Predicament is not forever the mojo will come back Stay safe till then

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Hilary

I'm sorry to hear your troubles Hook - stay in touch!

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

chapperz66

Similar to Bruno and Greeny I didn't wait for instruction to become a recluse - I don't have much in the way of lungs so I didn't feel that covid would be even slightly survivable for me. I am retired anyway so work is not an issue for me. What's more of an issue is that my wife is working at home so making noise is impossible. Have to use headphones.  Such a problem!

On a positive note my breathing has been noticeably improved over the last few months - no longer find myself reaching for the ventolin so much. Reduced pollution levels with less road traffic and far fewer aircraft? Maybe. The economic concerns are very worrying but Chapman's lungs are kind of grateful.
Haven't seen the kids since Christmas but at least they are well.