"I Want To Fly" w/Lurker

Started by Blooby, May 18, 2020, 06:46:57 PM

Mike_S

Wonderful lads. There are slight shades of King Crimson in here, but it's so original and different sounding. Some great sound choices and some brave ones too... but it all comes together perfectly. What a tune...

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

tonyc

wow what a song , guitar work is just brill , and great vocals all top notch stuff superb ......cheers ...tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

AndyR

Wowsers!

This is indeed MIGHTY fine.

I was reading the comments as it was going, thinking "it can't be this good" but it is - it sneaks up and grabs you, revealing more treasures as it goes. Second listen even more.

I've recently got seriously into Gentle Giant - my two "lockdown" luxuries (apart from let's go crazy on steaks and red wine!) have been "OK, I'm sorting myself out for Gentle Giant and Procol Harum" - the accapella sections here are utterly FAB and remind me somewhat of GG.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

hooper

Absolutely wonderful, everything about it!  A well-written song and a strong performance by all instruments and vocals.  And the trippy words in the vocals and the stratospheric ambience of the instruments are well matched in a thoughtfully prepared arrangement.  The lead vocal and lead guitar stand out (of course) but no weak performances by any of the supporting parts.  A big smile and both thumbs up!
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

kenny mac

What a performance,my favourite part is the  harmonys acapella syle  near the end.
Spot on and that guitar work is amazing.
A totally different level.
And what a mix.
What do you use to record on?
Superb

Blooby

Quote from: AndyR on May 28, 2020, 08:46:17 AMI've recently got seriously into Gentle Giant...the accapella sections here are utterly FAB and remind me somewhat of GG.

Can't tell how happy that made me. If you dig Gentle Giant, try Spock's Beard and Neal Morse (Neal can get heavy-handed with religion, but he was the main songwriter in Spock's before he found God).  Transatlantic is a related group with members of Dream Theater, Spock's Beard, The Flower Kings, and Marillion. The section below at 1:45ish is pure Gentle Giant.

Quote from: kenny mac on May 29, 2020, 10:07:47 AMWhat do you use to record on?

Studio One as a DAW and a utterly embarrassing amount of gear. Do you have a specific question?

I feel compelled to mention the bass was an off-brand U-bass I got while breaking quarantine (I couldn't resist the $75 price tag) For those not in the know, the damn thing looks like a ukulele with oddball synthetic and oh-so-rubbery strings. Given the right EQ, it sounds like an upright bass. Just uncanny. I know it got a little squirrelly with the intonation in the chorus, but I left it as I thought it added a somewhat agreeable wart.

Blooby

If you dug that, try this one. It is one of my favorite tunes. Have a bottle ready as it is long.