Busier before or after?

Started by danthecoat, May 06, 2020, 06:15:43 AM

danthecoat

So i was just wondering from the amount of members on here to the amount that post on here do you find that this forum is busier or quieter since lockdown?

I returned to work on Monday and i find that the input i have put on recording has obviously had to slow down but my posting on here has gone up. Not so much content but comments?

How do the rest of you find it? Are you an active contributor Musically or do you just comment or do you feel that you cant comment because you don't post enough content or are you happy just to enjoy people's songs?

I really like the fact that people post their songs here and i think its important to comment on peoples work. I have already stated that i actually enjoy the new music coming from here than i do the radio. Its great to have different playlists for the car or just in general. It also allows me to feel like i am part of a community and a very enjoyable one at that.

Be good to hear other peoples comments ;) 

Farrell Jackson

It's about the same for me. I typically pop into the site 3 or 4 times a day for a quick comment/s or for a listen to new song postings.  Over the years my song postings have slow down some but I'm still actively at it. This is still one of the most supportive sites around.
Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

danthecoat

I've noticed this is a very supportive site but as i don't belong to any others i had nothing to compare it to. Its great to hear everyone's music too and collaborate with some real talented people :)

alfstone

I think it's busier, since we all have (more or less) to spend our extra time at home, so likely we all like to visit - virtually - our friends here on Songcrafters.

The number of songs has grown too. And this is great!

When this nightmare will be over, I hope to contribute as I did in the past. My actual extra time is concentrated on COVID-related articles to try to understand better how to act properly in my job.

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Ferryman

I think it's a bit busier, but it was building back up after a quiet period before the lockdown. There's definitely a bit more "chat" going on and I think there's been more music posted.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mike_S

I think it has become a bit busier, but like has been mentioned it had started to get a bit busier a month or two before that for some reason, with some members starting to post songs and comments again after a fairly quiet period. Let's hope it continues... we could still do with even more new blood on the site though... it would be great to see the community grow.
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

Hi danthecoat, I am listening to your jukebox and it's really great. Love the music! It's been a while since I've contributed anything due to extreme "busyness" but I try to just have fun here when I can. So that's what it is, and a little bump in the timeline happens. We just got a tougher run this time - I hope everyone recovers faster than ever!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover