Alonetone?

Started by Ferryman, May 04, 2020, 08:27:12 AM

Jean Pierre

QuoteIt is hard to beat Songcrafters....we are the best site on the internet for the community aspect...I have dabbled in numerous sites over the years....songcrafters will always be my musical home site on the net...long live Songcrafters...I have been away from this site (and the internet in general) for a little while, but I am so glad to see this site is still thriving and I am glad to be able to come back to it again after my lay-about....long live Songcrafters...[/quote]

well said Dave!
and long live the songcrafter site!
Vive le site Songcrafter!
y que viva el sitio de los artesanos de la canción!
e viva o site dos artesãos da canção!
e viva il sito degli artigiani della canzone!
en lang leve de site van de liedjesschrijvers!
????????????????  ah zut songcrafter ne reconnait pas les symboles japonais  ;D ;D ;D
und es lebe die Seite der Songhandwerker!

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

launched

I really like that site and have collaborated/conversed/chummed with quite a few members there. When Reg came over here it was quite a thrill, didn't know Dave was the catalyst - Well done! Agreed the forum is a weak point and I didn't even know it existed after being on there for quite a while. But music is the focus, which is a good thing. The site roots on what our jukebox is here.

Something else to add is there are Alonetone members that came here and could not figure it out at all! Definitely two different environments. 

Alonetone is a place not to be ignored, just sayin'. But my roots are with Songcrafters, the blood runs too deep. "Mariah Fookin' Carey" says it all lol! Wish we could just hang out in our own village, and nobody drifted away.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Bluesberry

Quote from: launched on January 06, 2021, 10:12:15 PMI really like that site and have collaborated/conversed/chummed with quite a few members there.
Alonetone is a place not to be ignored, just sayin'. But my roots are with Songcrafters, the blood runs too deep. "Mariah Fookin' Carey" says it all lol! Wish we could just hang out in our own village, and nobody drifted away.
Good points Mark, Alonetone is a pretty cool site also, probalby the 2nd best one I have found besides Soundcrafters. I found the interaction aspect lacking compared to here, but maybe I didn't put enough effort in either...you get out what effort you put in for sure...I dabbled over at Alonetone, I immersed myself here at Soundcrafters.  The membership is definately vaster than over here, maybe that is part of the difference, this site is concentrated on a relatevely small core group of dedicated lunatics....Alonetone feels much vaster...it is the forum aspect and the comments and counter comments, all the friendly and lunatic banter that happens here that doesn't seem to happen as easily on Alonetone that is so awesome about Soundcrafters...folks owe to to themselves to have a look at Alonetone, it is a good 2nd musical site to have.......but it is hard to beat Soundcrafters for the community feeling...

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

alfstone

Quote from: Bluesberry on January 07, 2021, 08:06:25 AM.......but it is hard to beat Soundcrafters for the community feeling...

In my opinion, Songcrafters is not a simple web site. It's like a village where everybody respects and supports each other. Since we all have to do with music, even on amateur level, I think that probably there are similar realities concerning other "worlds" (artistic, collectors, professional...), but I think that our approach to SC is anyway absolutely unique. This makes it something special.

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

WarpCanada

Well I noticed something is different here from the first time I made a "hello everybody" post, to posting my first track.

I started out on Soundcloud, and each time I posted anything on there, I mostly did so so I could send links to my close friends to say, hey I wrote a thing, you said you were interested in hearing what I get up to...

Now I feel much better about just posting here on Songcrafters, as I feel the philosophy of "comment and be commented", (listen to, and be listened to) works great for me as a person. I get something good out of listening to you guys, and I also appreciate the listens and the (rather kind) comments.   This is not a harsh community, and maybe that's the best thing here.  Kindness and goodwill reins here. So that's why I like Songcrafters best.

Alonetone maybe the place where I only post what I think is "bestofs" and use it as a kind of file folder for playlists.   A small benefit of Alonetone's player is it works better on iPads and iPhones than the player on SC does.
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

Farrell Jackson

I didn't know about Alonetone until this thread so I'll have to check it out but not sure I need another one. I belong to some other music sites as well but Songcrafters is at the top of the list for me.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?