"Samaanya" by The Stan Laurels

Started by Bosko Schwartz, May 25, 2009, 09:32:30 PM

lg

I am so addicted to this song!
I just had to bump it....
Cd is due out soon, no?

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Bosko Schwartz

Quote from: mike on September 22, 2009, 02:10:38 PMHi there

I really like your piano playing.  It reminds me of Elliot Smith especially the "Figure 8" album which to me means good.  The idea of a concept album about aliens sounds interesting.  Do you listen to the Pixies?  Their singer had a heavy interest in aliens.  Most notably on the song "Motorway to Roswell".  I'll be listening with interest for more of your sounds.

Adios for now

Mike

Hey Mike!  Thank you so much!  I'm a huge Elliot Smith fan, and any comparison is an ENORMOUS compliment to me.  Yes, I do love The Pixies also!  Glad you'll be listening!  The album is out now!

Quote from: lg on November 09, 2009, 09:01:22 AMI am so addicted to this song!
I just had to bump it....
Cd is due out soon, no?

LG

Thanks, LG, I'm glad to hear that!  Yes, the CD is out now -- here's a direct link to CD Baby!  Thanks for your support! ;D ;D ;D
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

SteveB

I noticed that the Yahoo spider was crawling over a track from Bosko's opus, and decided to have a listen and bump figuring that some of the new Members may not be familiar with this (astonishing) work; which is one of the first tracks I listened to after joining. Enjoy.  :)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Tony W

Steve it even worked for us older members! I kinda forgot just how good this was. The first time around I was one of the 22 views/no comments guys. I was entirely too intimidated to post on this thread.

Now after nearly a year of musicianship under my belt, I'm reminded of my limitations. This is was and always will be a stunning piece. The production quality is beyond belief. I've recently become a 1600 owner (thank you craigslist), I know that my unit severely lacks the talented producer operating it.

Bosko, this is a stunning piece.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Satchwood

Definitely my very favorite Stan Laurels tune - Samaanya rocks!!

May the Schwartz be with you Bosko on your album sales!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

SwanSong

Fabulous song. the song has a cheerful beat and great vocals
sorry i still use the term vocals. not used to saying vox lo
over all this shuld  b a great selling song if that is the intention
either way . awesome.............................take care Neil and gl

Oldrottenhead

great to see this song back at the top of the page, the stan laurels cd still gets played regularly in my cd, i know boscko is now preparing to play live and is in rehearsal with a band live long and prosper boscko. and mind you promised me that i'm on the guest list when you play in glasgow.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

Time to bring this one back, time to listen, time to be amazed.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

64Guitars

Where is Bosko anyway? I seem to recall that he was a Beatles fan. It would be great if he could post a song or two for BeatlesFest. I bet they'd be astounding!

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy