"Samaanya" by The Stan Laurels

Started by Bosko Schwartz, May 25, 2009, 09:32:30 PM

Facemask93

Bosko , i've finaly worked this thing out , Huh , you can listen to songs on other BR recorder's , firstly my friend many thanks on your comments regarding my meagre offerings on the MicroBR. I've listened to all your stuff , and well , honestly i'm flattered that , a very talented , way out of my league musician like yourself has taken the time  to , not only listen to my music , but to have said so many positive things about it
You my friend , have impressed me so much , to the point that i will go out on a limb and say i would compare your style to the great man himself Mr lennon and that late sixty's time period , contrary to what you say about yourself and your abilby , Samaanya for instance , is such an amazing song , wonderfull in fact , it embodies every emotion and feeling that i have of that sixty's period.
I would quite happily put my hand in my pocket and buy a CD of yours

Your music is FAB

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Bosko Schwartz

Quote from: facemask93 on July 16, 2009, 12:51:27 PMBosko , i've finaly worked this thing out , Huh , you can listen to songs on other BR recorder's , firstly my friend many thanks on your comments regarding my meagre offerings on the MicroBR. I've listened to all your stuff , and well , honestly i'm flattered that , a very talented , way out of my league musician like yourself has taken the time  to , not only listen to my music , but to have said so many positive things about it
You my friend , have impressed me so much , to the point that i will go out on a limb and say i would compare your style to the great man himself Mr lennon and that late sixty's time period , contrary to what you say about yourself and your abilby , Samaanya for instance , is such an amazing song , wonderfull in fact , it embodies every emotion and feeling that i have of that sixty's period.
I would quite happily put my hand in my pocket and buy a CD of yours

Your music is FAB

FACEMASK!

I'm so glad you finally made it over here.  I'm such a huge fan of yours.  I really think you have a unique sound -- an old sound (in a very, very good way) -- and for many reasons, it really speaks to me.  "MEAGER OFFERINGS!" :o  Ha!  So to hear these things coming from you is a HUGE and major compliment!  THANK YOU for all of your very kind words! :) :D ;D
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

hooper

Wow! I just finished listening to this and other delights on the Stan Laurals page.  Bealtes, Zombies, Hollies... oh, yeah!  A very respectful catalogue of original music, well played and produced.  I love that sound.  Care of Cell 44.  I'm impressed, jealous and inspired!

Hooper
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

Bosko Schwartz

Quote from: hooper on July 17, 2009, 09:40:20 AMWow! I just finished listening to this and other delights on the Stan Laurals page.  Bealtes, Zombies, Hollies... oh, yeah!  A very respectful catalogue of original music, well played and produced.  I love that sound.  Care of Cell 44.  I'm impressed, jealous and inspired!

Hooper

HOOPER!

I'm glad you finally made it over to BR-1600 Land too!  I was wondering when you would come to the Dark Side! 8)  As you know, I have heard a few of yours and loved them, and I have to say that you are perhaps the best producer here in the forum.  Well, maybe neck and neck with Greeny.  But that is good company!  Your work is so precise and perfect, it makes me jealous!  So to hear these compliments from you has made my day!  THANK YOU!!! ;D

cuthbert

Bosko, this sounds like it could be the great lost track from 'Odyssey & Oracle'! What the hell was Rod Argent thinking???  ;)

Superb!  :)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Bosko Schwartz

WOW, THANK YOU, cuthbert! ;D  What a compliment!  That's about as good as it gets for me! :)

Rolow

Quote...such silliness means that I am not quite right in the head, but I am OK with that.

If you're crazy, I don't want to be sane. ;D

Great concept song/album/movie/movement....
Let it be known, there is a fountain, that was not made, by the hands of men.

Bosko Schwartz

Thanks again, Rolow! ;D

I think if you've made it this far into the Forum, you're definitely not sane ...  ;D

SteveG

Damm that was good. Makes me feel guilty about the minimal effort I put into getting my stuff "right", knock 'em out and post 'em, that's me  :D You have clearly put a hell of a lot into the production here, and it shows.

mike

Hi there

I really like your piano playing.  It reminds me of Elliot Smith especially the "Figure 8" album which to me means good.  The idea of a concept album about aliens sounds interesting.  Do you listen to the Pixies?  Their singer had a heavy interest in aliens.  Most notably on the song "Motorway to Roswell".  I'll be listening with interest for more of your sounds.

Adios for now

Mike