Please allow me to introduce myself....................

Started by danthecoat, April 26, 2020, 02:59:03 AM

danthecoat

Quote from: Mike_S on April 26, 2020, 08:29:14 AMWelcome Dan, you will find a real variety of talented people here with a real variety of musical styles. But we all have one thing in common... we help and encourage and there is a great community spirit which is hard to find. Looking forward to listening to your stuff.

Mike

I have noticed how supportive everyone is here and just how talented everyone is too. Anyone that can put a song together create a groove from nothing is a talent in my eyes and how great to have somewhere to share and collaborate. Its great to think that you can get a basic part and just post asking for a lead lick,keys or a vocal and there are people ready to help

Amazing place :)

Hook

You have to attach the mp3. It looks like you just have a link youtube in your cover so it wont got to the jukebox. Videos are fine but also attach the mp3. I'll give your tunes a listen later today.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Oldrottenhead

Hi Dan, welcome aboard, looking forward to hearing your stuff. Like you I started long ago on an old foster 4 track, no wait I started on an old double decker ghetto blaster lol.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

drumbum

Hey Dan...I very much appreciate when the talented people here give me an opportunity to add to their creations . There are endless ideas here. Look forward to working with you. Would love to add to your work.. !  Welcome..

Drumbum.      o0O0o
If you swim against the tide long enough, it turns and becomes momentum.........

Jean Pierre

Hi Dan, from France, my favorite instruments are guitars: classical nylon (Takamine Hirade and Alan Garcia Torre), steel picking (takamine and Martin 000) lap steel (Weissenborn, Dobro, Lap steel HB Duesenberg ) electric (Les Paul Epiphone, stratocaster , telecaster ) I like all styles of music except Rap and military music..and I like to collaborate ;)

Welcome to SC community
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Ella

Hi Danny! Welcome to SC! Wonderful to get some new members. I live in Finland and I like this site a lot. Got many friends here and met some also. (Finland -Met) I like to sing and try to learn play guitar, piano and saxophone. 

TPB

Please allow me to introduce myself I am a man of wealth and fame always loved that song would make a good collab  welcome aboard hope you have a great time there is some great talent roaming around here and they allow me to add some croaking and playing  every once in awhile. Hope you have a great time
Tim from Mississippi 
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Redler

Welcome from Finland, Dan!

Your story is quite similar as mine. I used to play in bands in late 70's and early 80's (had Fostex 4 track cassette recorder, too). Then around 85 I stopped playing and recording for long time. Started playing and home recording, again in 2008 when purchased Micro BR and joined in this wonderful site.

It's nice to see a new active member, like you. I'm sure you're in the right place!

- Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

StephenM

indeed welcome...and I am a newbie too...I quit playing after a nasty divorce in the late 90s...and kind of forgot...11 years ago a couple new friends came into my life and got me playing bass with them in a gospel group...and I was reignited...after playing with them for 8 years we have all moved into different places musically (and mostly locality)....so I started writing and recording...because i like it...this site is inspiring indeed....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Hi and welcome from Tunbridge Wells the south of England.    Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800