Please allow me to introduce myself....................

Started by danthecoat, April 26, 2020, 02:59:03 AM

danthecoat

Hi Everyone

My name is Daniel Smart (Danny) I'm 48 and i write and record my own music. Due to a few hiccups in life in general i have had to take a near 30 year hiatus from doing what i love which is playing the guitar and writing songs. Only recently have i managed to now find the time to start writing again. I have since come across my old recordings both with my old band and alone. I used to record using fostex 4 and 8 track recorders and i cant believe how much has changed since then. It used to cost an arm and a leg to buy anything that would remotely aid you to record anything at home but it was just possible and the equipment was very simple to use,. It seems like nowadays its very cheap on the whole to find equipment that can give amazing results (especially if you stick to 2nd hand) but with that comes a very steep learning curve and one that i am slowly adjusting to. I'm hoping to share both new and old music with you all as i dig through my old songs and remaster or even re record them. I have also reignited the creative process in me and have started writing new songs. I never knew how many like minded people were out there and so far have been really humbled with how many helpful comments and people i have met online here and in other groups. I have even started collaborations with another musician and within a week we had totally re recorded a song that was very old but very dear to me. Im stunned as we are thousands of miles from each other but i guess that is the norm around these parts. I had considered myself too old to be doing it all again but not anymore :)

In the short time i have been here i have found some truly breathtaking songs written by you guys and i can honestly say id rather listen to these than 90% of the crap thats on the radio and in fact i have added them to my iphone playlist and have them blaring out in the car and on my walks/exercise each day.

Its like ive been woken up :)

thetworegs

Hi Danny, I've just been over to Soundcloud to have a listen and the live band sounds great really like GO GO and taking me all the way with that Floyd feel to it I look forward to hearing more Cheers Trevor

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Hilary

Welcome Danny, it's very inspirational here and I'm glad you've joined.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

danthecoat

Quote from: Hilary on April 26, 2020, 04:33:48 AMWelcome Danny, it's very inspirational here and I'm glad you've joined.

Me too this place is marvellous and im like a pig in *(&^ with all the original content here its so inspirational you are 100% right ;)

Quote from: thetworegs on April 26, 2020, 04:14:20 AMHi Danny, I've just been over to Soundcloud to have a listen and the live band sounds great really like GO GO and taking me all the way with that Floyd feel to it I look forward to hearing more Cheers Trevor

Thanks for the comments Trevor. That was a live recording of the band i was in around 1995, The tape sounds quite bad but im slowly remastering my original songs from that performance and some i will re record again so there will be more coming soon.

Flash Harry

Hi Danny

Welcome to the community. You will find some great people here, join in and have fun.

Cheers

Mike
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Greeny

Welcome! There are lots of very talented, supportive and friendly folk here. We have had all kinds of collaborations, meet-ups and friendships happen over the last 15 years. It's a good place to be. Enjoy!

Farrell Jackson

Welcome to the site Dan! As you've probably noticed there are a bunch of friendly, like minded and helpful folk here. I'm gonna go listen to some of your songs now.

Cheers!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

alfstone

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Hook

Hi and welcome from Tampa, FL. What kind of recording gear are you using now?

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Mike_S

Welcome Dan, you will find a real variety of talented people here with a real variety of musical styles. But we all have one thing in common... we help and encourage and there is a great community spirit which is hard to find. Looking forward to listening to your stuff.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand