Started by andy casson, April 26, 2020, 02:57:42 AM

andy casson

Hand of Hope v1again 250420 128kbps
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Still angry... but found an outlet....kind of
A few notes
Guitars used: Mostly Tele, but my Gear4Music electric 12 string (£89.99 from Amazon and unplayable without a pro setup for another £100) is carrying the verses.
Keyboards: all played live with my podgy digits on my little Oxygen 25
Tempo: This is a progression I have been mucking around with for ages, I had to slow it down for the coda when it came to recording...I have been playing it quicker until the coda on the accoustic, but I am not that clever...
Lyric choices: Jackanory is an old UK kids TV program where actors read the story the the audience.... Using 'England' rather than Britain in the Chorus is a tacit recognition that the rest of the UK is prisoner to fantasist English nationalism and populism... not British
Enjoy  :)

Hand of Glory
w/m Andy Casson 25th April 2020
You blazed a path of glory
That brought us to our knees
Bathed in blessed light and bonded greed

You gave us wondrous stories
Oh how we would succeed
Lying line by line, decree by decree

All hail you, never boring
We follow now where you lead
Still waiting for a word we can believe

Those golden days of glory where now did they go?
Those Empire days of England held the hand of hope

You gave us Jackanory
And sat us on your knee
And fed us what we think and what we need

Hey mister headline Tory
You have cut us and we bleed
We're held upon the alter of your greed

Those golden days of glory where now did they go?
Those Empire days of England held the hand of hope

Oldrottenhead

as a certain John Lydon said "anger is an energy!" you are using it well. braw bro.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

Wow! Another bloody great epic!!

Love the guitars on this track, they just chime when they kick in, and the more subdued parts are arranged really well, enough space for the words but loads of stuff going on.

A cracker. 
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Ella

Magnificent tune! Wonderful combo with instruments and vocal.

Ferryman

Epic stuff Andy, fantastic composition and songwriting. The combination of the quieter keyboard parts with the vox works really well, and that makes the entrance of the guitars even more dramatic. The guitar sounds are fantastic, really powerful. A very well thought out and beautifully put together piece.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Cor blimey! Love how this explodes. Both the moody and the epic parts are fantastic. Really like the vocal and the lyric - you carry the sentiment (which I totally agree with) beautifully. I can hear a lot of work went into this - it's all worth it. Brilliant stuff.

Redler

Fantastic song and performance! By playing ballad and "rock" parts alternately, works extreamly well. Amazing job, Andy!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

danthecoat

WOW!! That kicks into action.............

Really portrayed your feelings well here in i think and love the lyrics and the song really builds. Nice lead there too and love the tension of that build up to the chorus.

thetworegs

I think it's all been said Andy... this works a treat...dont go calming down on using any time soon and lose that energy.... but I'm sure Boris's antics are plenty to keep you going ;D

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Pete C

I was going to start with the word "epic" then saw that's how everybody else has described this song. I could just imagine this being played in a stadium with lighters and mobiles in the air during the quiet parts. Magnificent piece of work !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800