20 Golden Singalong Party Greats - Ferryman and Greeny

Started by Ferryman, April 25, 2020, 05:49:51 AM

StephenM

4 Ray!  R U Fing kidding me?  absolute smash hit right here... Nigel....you simply kick major ass and Greeny's cool vocals and great lyrics just send this to another planet... LMAO... fuck a doodle doo....that is just superbly funny...
I got say it... I love the Brits... of course I do have a good bit of it in me!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

pjd1

Ferkin Brill !!! i was with you along on this song , the music is just ACE but thats what you get from Ferryman perfect recording , and then Greeny comes up with a totally insane/unique  idea that just fits the music and the vibe , how do you do that !!! Talented lads to say the least

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

des0free

Woah, this is totally awesome.  The bass/guitar drives this hard, making me want to revert into a teenage head banger.  The lyrics and vocal delivery are marvelously crazy.  I have a question though, I read that the "Bass VI" is a Fender 6 string bass guitar?  How is that tuned, and how do you get that "rhythm electric guitar sound" from that, do you play "power chords" on it?  And I assume there is a "distortion pedal" - which one is it?   Awesome song!

recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Just popped in from moving house to see some lovey additional comments on this song, thanks all. To answer Des's questions:

- The Bass VI is tuned liked a normal guitar (E to E) but one octave down.
- Strings are all roundwound, gauges 90 to 40.
- For power chords, just two or maybe three strings played together through distortion makes a massive sound.
- The beauty of the Bass VI is you can amplify it like a bass and it's a bass but you can also amplify and effect it like a guitar and it sounds like a very full guitar (obviously no fast lead solos).
- I use a pretty fancy pedalboard with loads of effects. The distortion is an Earthquaker Devices Life Pedal v2.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Frank53

Love the title and the concept. Deep, dark humor in the creative lyrics.
All I could picture was a modern version of the 'Bring out your dead' scene from 'Holy Grail'.  ;D
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Ted

My piPod keeps punching me in the face with this. And it feels good.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac