20 Golden Singalong Party Greats - Ferryman and Greeny

Started by Ferryman, April 25, 2020, 05:49:51 AM

Pete C

I was drawn in by the song name expecting some kind of medley  :D but pleased to hear an excellent song. The backer's great, love the sounds from the Bass VI and the drums got me looking at the Sdrum pedal reviews as I'm always on the look for an alternative to my BR600's drum machine. Greeny's vocal adds the icing to the cake !  I'm getting a sort of late 70's new wave vibe from this - it's a cracker !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Farrell Jackson

A real good collaboration Ferryman and Greeny! Who would've ever thought you could get all those sounds from a Bass VI? But you did Ferryman and you did it so well! I'm gonna check out the Sdrum....it sounds good. The lyric and vocals are top shelf Greeny. A fine melody you've added. Well done fellas!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Oldrottenhead

oh ya buggers! missed this when you posted it Nigel or i would've been over it like a rash. But fuckadoodledoo i missed the bus. Greeny i hate you. Lol. effing fanbloodytastic.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

TPB

Outstanding collab gentlemen well done love the t
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Ella

I canĀ“t stop playing it either. So wonderful rhythm! Love it! Oh, how I wish I could play like this. Great additions from Greeny! Very proper! So fine melody and style of singing is just perfect to the song.

andy casson

Oh blimey.. well done gents! James Last???? Bloody loved this... pretty sure my mum and dad had a few JL's they used to torture us with...

Ferryman

Thanks for the feedback all. For anyone interested in the Sdrum, I've found it to be really useful in creating interesting drum parts without programming. You just give it a basic rhythm and it comes up with most of the drum parts and all the fills by itself, which gives it more of a human feel than anything I can do with drum programs. The only weakness IMO is that the toms sound a bit flabby and there's not much you can do to fix that.

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on April 29, 2020, 02:45:58 PMoh ya buggers! missed this when you posted it Nigel or i would've been over it like a rash.
Sorry Jim, I was going to leave this up for others to have a shot at but Tim's vocal really turned this into a proper song, so I wanted to keep his version as "the" one. Don't worry, there will be more - I have given up doing vocals as I don't really have a good way of recording them right now.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

tonyc

stunning collab , great punk rock lyrics tim , i had to listen to marchin brass bloody bands , and then the solvation army coming up the road on a sunday morning , lol , what a great sound on the bass nigel unbelievable , superb .  ....cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

Mike_S

Damn, I nearly missed this. This is f**king great. It has a punkish attitude but with a real heavy rock power. The deep bassy driving force underpinning this lifts you off the seat. The lyrics and singing are brilliant... have to give a bit of a nod to songcrafters in general, as it's only since I started being a member here that I have truly appreciated lyrics in music.

Nigel / Tim... bloody brilliant

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Johnbee

Great tune by two giants.  For a few seconds I thought there was going to be 20 songs in one here.  ;D

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!