20 Golden Singalong Party Greats - Ferryman and Greeny

Started by Ferryman, April 25, 2020, 05:49:51 AM

Ferryman

Ferryman and Green_20 Golden Party Greats
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Update: This song started as an instrumental backer, which I did using my Bass VI and wonderful new pedalboard. It was really an experiment to test out my new stuff but I posted it as a collaboration to see if anyone wanted to add vocals. Tim (Greeny) picked it up and added some amazing vocals that really gave the song a whole new feel and turned it into a fully formed piece IMO.

I'm posting the track here as some folks might get confused by the trail of posts below. This is the finished piece, all instruments/backing by me with vocals and final production added by Tim (Greeny).

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Ferryman and Green_20 Golden Party Greats
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This one was meant to be  ;D

Yesterday, I earmarked this title for my next album name and it's title track. And then this perfectly formed gem came along!

The concept is for the title to be totally incongruous and out of whack with the actual content. It sounds like a James Last style shitty old easy listening album.

I did, I'm afraid, have Throbbing Gristle's '20 Jazz-Funk Greats' as inspiration  ::)

Anyway - this absolutely just clicked, so thankyou for such an amazing track Nigel! Hope you like what I've done with it.

20 Golden Party Greats

fluffy slippers for the brain
we're sitting around
we're locking it down

the James Last orchestra of pain
easy listening fools
easy listening ghouls

20 golden singalong party greats

tap your foot and hum along
there's a hearse in the drive
are you even alive?

instrumentals can't offend
no swearing for you
fuck-a-doodle-doo

and we're netflix and chilling
as the morgues keep on filling

Ferryman

Oh wow It's effin' awesome. I would never have tried anything like that on the vox. It's given it a really edgy feel, very cool indeed. Love the concept and the lyrics......

Can't stop playing it, I want to leap around like I'm 18 again!

BTW we had several James Last albums in our house when I was growing up. I know where you are coming from.....

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hilary

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Flash Harry

Oh

My

Word!

One bass guitar. That's one amazing sound. It also sounds like you have got your head around the drum machine too.

So chunky, it's a perfect vehicle for Tim's vocal

PiePod bound...
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

SE

Well just listened, well impressed, just one of the best songcrafters colabs I've heard in a long while, great stuff congratulations to you both, epic!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

kenny mac

Cool stuff guys, I'm loving the collabs that are happening on the site.
It's a real blast to see them come in.
This brought back memories James last.
Didnt some of the album names have really creepy titles like "Last the whole might long  lol
Like the lyric..especially the hearse in the driveway bit.
Nice one guys.

Redler

Superb collab, gents! I got T Rex meets new wave vibes on places. Damn cool backer, Nigel and Tim's vocals puts this a leap to forward. More please!!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR