"A Kiss in Time" by Daniel Smart (with Mike Huntingford)

Started by Mike Huntingford, April 24, 2020, 07:07:19 PM

Mike Huntingford

A Kiss in Time (Daniel Smart and Mike Huntingford)_1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
BluesFest2 (banner image missing)

Hi guys,

Now here's an interesting story.  I met Daniel Smart (UK) on Facebook page about home studio recording.  Daniel asked if anyone wanted to collaborate.  I indicated yes - to which he asked how to begin.  I said, well send me a tune you done and I will see what I can do with it (instrumental adds and remastering).  Daniel sent me a song he wrote years ago using an old Fostex 8-channel tape recording unit. The song was great but suffered in audio quality and the tape machine must have been warn as it was recording somewhere around 430ish Hz versus 440.0 Hz.  I could not add any instrumentation to it.  I recommended to Daniel that we go ahead and just recreate the song.  He agreed and over several thousand miles and days the two of us recreated the song track by track.  I was able to put some instrumentation down as well.  I was able to mix and then master the song to a much better sounding piece.  Danny is just getting back into music after a 30ish year absence as when he was 23 years old, and in a band, Danny's wife died.  He was left with an young son to raise - so he put his music on hold until now.  I am very pleased to have been part of his musical awakening and return to compositions.  This song is a recreation of the song he recently found on that old Fostex recorder - and is a new beginning.

Daniel may soon join this group and he has given me permission to upload the song for feedback.

We hope you enjoy the song.

Mike (and Danny)
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

andy casson

I really enjoyed this, well done! Some cracking keyboard work, sounded great in my cans! Great first collab IMHO, more please...

Greeny

Surely a Bluesfest qualifier? Really great retro Blues feel. Digging that organ and guitar combo. Fine work! Sounds like there's some musical mileage in this new collaboration. 

danthecoat

Found it at last  8) (Im new here)

I cant thanks Mike enough for the collaboration and i do indeed have more original songs and most of them are blues based. His Hammond keys are stunning and just what this track needed in my honest opinion. I was so impressed also by his quick turnaround as i do tend to work fast once things are flowing as i feel i miss the moment if i sit back and then songs end up not finished. I know its common to stop step back and give the brain and ears a rest but i suppose all artists are different i find day or night if i get a line or a rift i have to capture that or it fades or worst still i forget!!  :-[

This is probably why i left the scene for so long as i never seemed to have time. The light have since been switched back on and thanks to Mike is now beaming again. I have already wrote two more songs and i have quite a few oldies that i would love to redo as we did this one and get them out there.

Thanks again Mike (Here's to hopefully more great Collaborations)

Thanks for your nice comments all of you

Look forward to hearing your work on this fantastic site :)

Dan

danthecoat

Quote from: Greeny on April 25, 2020, 04:36:36 AMSurely a Bluesfest qualifier? Really great retro Blues feel. Digging that organ and guitar combo. Fine work! Sounds like there's some musical mileage in this new collaboration.

MY GOD i've just had a little listen to bluesfest and i think i'm in heaven Lead/Leave just blue me away totally................. I need to hear some more of your songs Greeny so please give me a link

Greeny

Quote from: danthecoat on April 25, 2020, 05:20:39 AM
Quote from: Greeny on April 25, 2020, 04:36:36 AMSurely a Bluesfest qualifier? Really great retro Blues feel. Digging that organ and guitar combo. Fine work! Sounds like there's some musical mileage in this new collaboration.

MY GOD i've just had a little listen to bluesfest and i think i'm in heaven Lead/Leave just blue me away totally................. I need to hear some more of your songs Greeny so please give me a link

Everyone has links to their songs at the foot of their posts, plus if you click on a profile, it has an option to see their song posts on here. Welcome aboard!

kenny mac

Fabulous guys, great guitar in there and lyrics from the heart.
Great hammond sound Mike.
Welcome aboard Daniel.

Ferryman

Really excellent blues guys. Loved the guitar sound and the keyboard work is excellent. It's got a really good overall feel and there's plenty of space in the arrangement to appreciate all the individual parts. Excellent collab and welcome Dan!

One disappointment though, you didn't tell us who did what! I assume Mike is on keys and Dan is on vox and guitar, but who did the bass and drums? Inquiring minds want to know.... ;)

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

danthecoat

Quote from: Ferryman on April 26, 2020, 02:08:37 AMReally excellent blues guys. Loved the guitar sound and the keyboard work is excellent. It's got a really good overall feel and there's plenty of space in the arrangement to appreciate all the individual parts. Excellent collab and welcome Dan!

One disappointment though, you didn't tell us who did what! I assume Mike is on keys and Dan is on vox and guitar, but who did the bass and drums? Inquiring minds want to know.... ;)

Thanks for your comments (Ferryman) Here you go

Vocals: Danny
Rhythm Guitar: Danny
Bass Guitar: Danny
Lead: Danny
Drums: Mike
Keyboard: Mike

Mastering, Mixing and Production: Mike

danthecoat

Quote from: Greeny on April 25, 2020, 12:03:13 PM]

Everyone has links to their songs at the foot of their posts, plus if you click on a profile, it has an option to see their song posts on here. Welcome aboard!

Thanks Greeny im slowly finding my way around the site. Im losing hours to peoples posts the music on here, Its glorious 8)