May be around less than I planned......

Started by Ferryman, March 28, 2020, 07:10:52 AM

Ferryman

Because I have a new job  :o

I was hoping to have plenty of time to play and record music, as well as comment on all the great stuff here. However, I live in a small village/town of about 3,500 people and there is a local neighbourhood volunteer Covid response group. I put my name down to help and have somehow ended up responsible for creating and managing the systems to support food deliveries for the elderly and vulnerable. So that's going to take a fair bit of my time over the next couple of weeks as we get things up and running. I will still try to be active here but may not be around as much as I hoped.

Getting involved in this has left me in awe of some people. A small team of people have created the most amazing response in our community that is helping get prescriptions for people, providing all kinds of assistance and soon will be co-ordinating food deliveries. We may be in tough times but it has highlighted that there are people out there that always go above and beyond, and also lots of people willing to help them.

Stay well everyone!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Johnbee

You have become one of the heroes in this fight against this horrible disease.  A noble cause. 
Stay safe and well as you possibly can, my friend.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Redler

Agree with John! That's very noble, Nigel. I wish you stay safe as well!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Pete C

Nigel, That shows true spirit to volunteer to help others during this crisis when there is so much selfishness being displayed by a lot of people - please stay as safe as you can and it's commendable what you're doing.

I'd been told not to come into work as my part of the company was deemed not to be a key function and could be put on hold for a while. However, I've had a call to go back in and work for another department. It's been put to me as a voluntary choice but it's making me feel guilty if I refuse.

I'd been hoping to spend more time on SC too !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Flash Harry

Bravo Nigel, it's communities working together that will get us through this time.

Keep safe, keep well and take care of your friends and neighbours.

And thanks for being so public spirited. It's in short supply these days.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Well done Nige, I don't know how old you are but I'm over 71 and considered vulnerable and no-one would take me on even though I worked in the medical sector (theatre clerk) for 15-16 years. I can only applaud you and others who are out there helping to bring some sanity back to every day life.
Bravo my friend.    Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

drumbum

I feel the best musicians are people who have some life/life changing experiences under their belt, in some form or another. This experience will fuel you for sure.

be well and be safe...you are a true gentleman

If you swim against the tide long enough, it turns and becomes momentum.........

alfstone

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Geir

You are not only a songcrafter hero, but's real life hero as well.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Greeny

That's amazing, Nigel. You have my total admiration. Well, you had it already, but this is above and beyond.