Wild Heart

Started by The Gobi Desert Canoe Club, March 27, 2020, 11:22:06 AM

Wild Heart
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi all, Day 14 self isolating, not bored yet. It is quite interesting as to what you find at the bottom of your freezer and even more interesting when you find the date. I'll let you know how we get on, hopefully.
Anyway here's another one, hope you enjoy.
Fender Electro Acoustic. Fender Precision and Rickenbacker 12 String. Strings courtesy of GarageBand.

She said come on over here
And why don't you sit down
"cos I got something to say
And I think it's time you settled down

But I've got a wild heart
It won't let me be
Yeah I've got a wild heart
And It won't set me free

So she said make your mind up babe
It's your heart or is it me
Gotta make your mind up soon
"cos I don't like the mystery

And It won't let me be
And It won't set me free

She said I won't back down
Just go and let me be
But don't come knocking on my door
Just go and set me free

Instrumental

It won't let me be
And It won't set me free

So I got up and packed my case
Stepped out into the rain
Guess that I might just drop in
If I pass this way again

Outro

recorder
Boss BR-800

Hook

Great song brother, love the leads.
rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Ferryman

A lovely track Willie, beautifully put together with the usual lush production, great guitar work and fabulous vocals. The thing that really stood out for me on this one was the songwriting. The way the chords change from the verse to the chorus really help the storytelling - there are two distinct "voices" in the music. Don't know if you intended that, but IMO it really makes the song work well. 

Quote from: Willie on March 27, 2020, 11:22:06 AMHi all, Day 14 self isolating, not bored yet. It is quite interesting as to what you find at the bottom of your freezer and even more interesting when you find the date. I'll let you know how we get on, hopefully.
Be careful with that out of date stuff. We wouldn't want you to fall prey to food poisoning instead of coronavirus..... :o

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Johnbee

Lovely tune.  Has a classic feel.  Everything fits together well.  I don't think I would've faded out though, but that's up to you as the artist.
But I do think the song is calling for an ending.

BTW-Good advise on that expiration date suggestion.  ;)

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!