working from home

Started by Flash Harry, March 25, 2020, 05:31:57 AM

Ferryman

Quote from: maxit on March 26, 2020, 05:29:30 AMI'm an IT project manager, so I'm allowed to waste time at the PC ... LoL Ferryman you discovered it ...
I was a Gartner analyst for many years before I retired, if you're in IT you may know what that is. I worked from home when I wasn't on the road, so I am very familiar with the "diversions" that challenge all home workers..... ;)

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

Quote from: Ferryman on March 26, 2020, 10:13:57 AMI was a Gartner analyst for many years before I retired, if you're in IT you may know what that is. I worked from home when I wasn't on the road, so I am very familiar with the "diversions" that challenge all home workers..... ;)

Bloody hell Nigel - I use Gartner all the time, magic quadrants rule my life!
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Ferryman

Quote from: Flash Harry on March 26, 2020, 11:32:28 AMBloody hell Nigel - I use Gartner all the time, magic quadrants rule my life!
Magic Quadrants used to rule mine as well! Absolute bloomin' nightmare they were. Very glad I don't have to do them anymore. Very glad I don't have to do any work any more, instead I'm planning how to put the new pedalboard together when the final piece of the jigsaw puzzle arrives tomorrow!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Kenneth

I was going to post a pic here, but even though the jpeg is within the limits it won't take. Photobucket charges now and dropbox didn't work either.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

chapperz66

I am now happily retired - well, as happily as possible under current circumstances. I spent my working life in logistics management, starting off as the boy in the transport office and ending up as logistics director of a number of different companies.  Just about every glass you have drunk beer out of and cutlery you ate with in a pub or restaurant will have come through one of my warehouses and survived one of my trucks.  I fed you with Mr Kipling cakes, and entertained you with Ferguson, Sanyo and Grundig TVs and audio products.  I promoted world peace and happiness by supplying you with the latest mobile phones that you didn't know you wanted. No - no - please don't thank me!  It was nothing   ;)

Later in life I did a bit of logistics consultancy work for a few companies on a self employed basis but now I am pleased to say I have done my bit. Somebody else can carry the load.  (did you spot the distribution pun there? Oh, how we laughed!!)

This is an interesting thread.

Stay well chaps!

Paul

chapperz66

BTW - I have no idea what a magic quadrant is but it is a great title for a piece of music.  I will write it down in my little book of future song titles.

maxit

I think the last reply by chapperz puts us all, if not in the 'leader', at least at the top of the visionaries quadrant ;-)
recorder
Audacity

Ferryman

Quote from: maxit on March 27, 2020, 04:48:03 AMI think the last reply by chapperz puts us all, if not in the 'leader', at least at the top of the visionaries quadrant ;-)
A Magic Quadrant joke! I am well impressed. You definitely move top right......... ;D

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

hooper

Interesting to see so many really smart people here, but of course I already knew that!  ;)
I am semi-retired and I draw houseplans, self-employed now after doing it full-time for about 30 years.  The loft above our garage contains my workspace with a CAD workstation (about 20% of the room) and my home recording studio built around a DAW workstation.  So, being distracted at work and tempted to play is something I have happily lived with for decades...  8)
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

Greeny