Let's jam with JAMMR

Started by Hook, March 22, 2020, 07:49:57 AM

Hook

Ok so I downloaded this
https://jammr.net/
It's free and easy to download but I don't know what the hell I'm doing. There is a forum so I hope to find some tutorials. If someone want's to download it let's see if we can jam.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Hook

I did just realize that I have no interface, perhaps my laptop mic is enough to start?

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Farrell Jackson

Hook, I've downloaded it also and like you, I don't have a mic interface for my laptop. Just the tiny built in mic on my laptop. If this is viable, I'll have to look for an inexpensive interface/adapter that allows me to connect a mic to a USB port. I also can't  create an account because it keeps rejecting my password choice which seems to fit their guidelines ?

Farrell,
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Greeny

I'll try to download tomorrow. On my MacBook. I also have no mic, so will be relying on the inbuilt one.

Flash Harry

Quote from: Greeny on March 22, 2020, 08:49:21 AMI'll try to download tomorrow. On my MacBook. I also have no mic, so will be relying on the inbuilt one.

I'll have a crack at this too.

I have my XR18 plugged in - so it's open season!
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Ferryman

Keep us posted. I'll listen in and make encouraging noises......

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

I can't install it without admin rights on my work MacBook so will have to try a windows version. Unless it works on iPhone.

Greeny

Update: Zoom does NOT work for a jam. Laggy and the sound peaks with seemingly minimal input. Even three people trying to jam was a debacle. And we're all in London.

Shame.

Experiment concluded.

Now, what about Jammr. In our jammies.

Greeny

Zoom might not work for jamming, but would still be ok for a drink in our virtual Songcrafters bar.

Mike Huntingford

I will download it too.

I jam all the time using REAPER and reaNimjams (it is a plug in under FX in REAPER DAW) it is live jamming and works damn good.  Spend hours jamming with folks from all over the place.  You will need and audio input device to plug your gear into so as to be heard.  Some real pros show up.

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper