"Hook's Blues" an original for BluesFest

Started by Hook, March 21, 2020, 02:51:27 PM

Hook

Hook's Blues
Time:
0:00
Volume:
BluesFest2 (banner image missing)

I did this one last week. Done at home, the drums are my cocktail kit in the garage with the BR80 almost on the floor across from it. The uke (rhythm & lead) are my baritone & the bass is my Haydeen U-Bass
 Thanks for helping me sort this out 64!

1 uke/vocal (stereo)
1 lead uke (stereo)
1 drums (stereo)
1 U-bass
Hook's Blues
written & performed by Hook
I got the blues
I dont think the are going away
I got the blues
From my head to my shoes
Things keep getting bluer every day

Feels like a mist
Has settled around my life
Feels like a mist
And a wind cold and crisp
Of strain, struggle and strife

Hurt that's so deep
Has festered and and spread
Hurt that's so deep
The kind where you wish you were dead

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Hook

Crap, wont let me upload, says it's too large. Can't remember what to do and have to go to work will try to fix tomorrow!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Hilary

Err I think you've forgotten to upload the song  8)

Typed before I saw your comment!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

drumbum

This is for sure a genuine blues tune..!!  Great emotion..!! And you play drums as well.!!  Next time I play for you I will be on my toes..!!

#)
If you swim against the tide long enough, it turns and becomes momentum.........

64Guitars

Quote from: Hook on March 21, 2020, 03:06:22 PMCrap, wont let me upload, says it's too large.

The maximum total size for all attachments in a single message is 7,341 kB. You attached a picture which is 5,053.74 kB, leaving only 2,287.26 kB available for the mp3 file. That's why it said that the mp3 is too large.

I've moved the picture attachment to your second message so you now have the full 7,341 kB available for your mp3 file in the top message. Please try uploading it again in your top message. If the mp3 is less than 7,341 kB you should have no trouble attaching it.

I had a look at your Hook Song page but couldn't find a direct URL to the mp3 file so I couldn't use the [singlemp3][/singlemp3] tags to link to it.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Hook

Thanks 64, I will take care of that later after work.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Ella

Wow! Beautiful song. So much emotion. I like how it grows and I must say your falsetto is  awesome! Miss you Hook!

Redler

Excellent entry for the fest! Real drums puts a nice live feel to this. Brilliant backer and your uke sounds like a dream!!

Miss you, too!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hilary

You always commit to 100% in everything you do but you have really captured the emotion of the moment. An authentic blues song, from the heart to the heart.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Greeny

Ooh. I'm liking this. Gives me a sixties Stephen Stills / Buffalo Springfield kind of vibe. The drum part and the solo are phenomenal. And the way you hold that note - magic. What a fantastic song & performance.