I used to be a professional musician, now I drive UberEats

Started by Hook, March 21, 2020, 07:47:16 AM

Hook

Well my friends, I do hope all of you are safe and healthy. I've made my living performing as a musician for 12 years now and that all has dried up for now. I am sure that it will return eventually but luckily I started driving for UberEats (food not people) a month ago as a side hustle and it is all I have had for the last week. My wife also is delivering groceries for Shipt and has been doing quite well. We unfortunately we have had to work as much as possible assuming the eventual quarantine will hit us. Not sure our government is gonna be able to take care of us?? I have very little contact with people  in this situation, pick up food and deliver, but it hard not to be ...scared I guess. We have enough $$ and food for 3-4 weeks and are contemplating closing up but I do have my wife & 3 kids and I don't know what I'll do when it's all gone.
I do hope all of you are staying safe. I'm hoping to be more involved here, having a great time listing this morning. This place rocks!
Onward!!!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Hilary

I've been thinking about you and your situation as there is no work for performers (luckily or unluckily I'd mostly given up anyway).

I don't know what to say to make things any better and I guess we all just have to sit it out and see what tomorrow brings.

Lots of performers are turning to online events but I'm not sure if there's any money in that.

Tough times, take care.

xx
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Ferryman

Best of luck Hook for you and your family. Our thoughts are with you.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

chapperz66

So sad to hear this,  Hook. You  are an inspiration and I am thinking of you. 
Paul.

Kenneth

My thoughts are with you Hook. Please keep us updated on your situation,  I'm sure the community here ( myself included) will want to help if you are in desperate need.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

drumbum

Hook. We love you brother. Dont be afraid to reach out ..tought times for all....

stay in touch
If you swim against the tide long enough, it turns and becomes momentum.........

kenny mac

So sad my friend to hear this,I really hope things work out for you.
Such a dreadful scourge on the planet.
I think or hope something will be put in place like the UK is doing as the country has to be able to bounce back into action when this gets better.
Please Keep us posted.

Mike_S

We are behind you Hook... hoping things turn around for you, and that your government introduces measures to help you and your family.

Everything is upside down here in Europe too. My work has ground to a halt too but luckily we should be ok for up to about 6 or 8 months. Most of my work is / was involved in events so I think even when this is over it will take a while for confidence to return to this sector. My wife's brother runs a restaurant in Spain too so his summer is ruined now. There seems to be government support - not loads but a bit - for most people here in Ireland, but I am self employed so I need to check all this out if I end up needing it as I suspect I will.

Thoughts with you Hook
Mike

recorder
iPad GarageBand

alfstone

Best luck, Hook and you all. Since tomorrow, only the works fundamental for everyday's needs are open here in Italy. Many people begin to ask if they will have money to buy food, next months...

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra