An idea

Started by Greeny, March 21, 2020, 03:54:28 AM

Greeny

Following on from Flash's post about keeping calm and making music, I had an idea. Well, maybe more of an experiment.

I've been using Zoom all week for video meetings. Our company ones had a hundred people on and it was all seamless.

So I wondered if it would work for a jam, or just a meet & greet in these days (weeks, months?!) of isolation.

Time differences might cause issues but I'm sure there's ways around it.

Just a thought. Lots of people have video anxiety, so totally get it if it's a bit too scary.

Greeny

This should be on general discussion, but I can't move it.  :P

maxit

I find it is a very good idea, I'm in ! (Alf we will sing/talk  from a virtual balcony this time LOL)
recorder
Audacity

Hilary

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Hook

I'm gonna look into this
https://jammr.net/
but can't until tomorrow, gotta go to work now.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Flash Harry

Jammr looks pretty cool. I'm game, anyone esle?
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Ferryman

I'm happy to just be in the audience and it would be good to meet up virtually. My playing live days are over I'm afraid, everything I do these days has to be carefully thought through.....

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hilary

I'm going to try Zoom singing with my family today. I'll let you know what it's like.

Everyone should join in if they want to even if they are unable to perform live. We could all write a song together maybe?
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Boognish

We Are the World,
We are the Children...

I like this idea
Okay to cover.

Greeny

We're supposed to be doing a work jam on Tuesday via Zoom, so I can test it.