Keep Calm and Make Music

Started by Flash Harry, March 20, 2020, 07:14:35 AM

Flash Harry

This Corona Virus stuff is worrying. We are being advised to stay at home and to distance ourselves socially in order to protect our families and give the health services capacity to react.

I'm working from home. I'm fortunate because I can.

There are some benefits, my guitar is just by my chair and I can pick it up and have a 5 minutes noodle when I fancy.

And with this enforced restriction to outside entertainment - except of course for Wetherspoons and their customers who are immune, it appears, to common sense, it seems reasonable that we make our own entertainment.

There could be a silver lining. An opportunity to Keep calm and Make Music.

I'm doing so, though nothing worth posting yet. And collaboration, even if we can't physically mix, we can in cyberspace.

I'm hoping for some good tunes to come out of this period.

Keep calm, keep safe and make music.

Good luck everyone.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Ferryman

I plan to do that. I'm waiting on delivery of a Strymon Iridium to finalise my pedal setup. It should be here next week, Anderton's is currently still shipping mail order stuff.

At least us home recording bods are not short of things to do at home!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mike_S

I concur totally. At the moment at least, in the middle of this bizarre and scary situation I feel strangely calm even though, on top of the danger to health / life it looks as though my work could well dry up pretty badly. I should have enough money to see me though to the other side of this and my parents live close so we can all help one another out I guess if it comes to it.

But absolutely I was thinking the same about keeping occupied with creating music. The power of music is incredible isn't it... even in the middle of a crisis it is never too far from our minds. Thank God for that, so yes I hope to be getting more tunes done in the coming weeks and months...

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand