Love the blues

Started by drumbum, March 13, 2020, 08:23:01 PM

drumbum

Hello songcrafters...just putting it out there...I would be all over a blues collab or two if anyone or ones need some drums...!! !@013
If you swim against the tide long enough, it turns and becomes momentum.........

Jean Pierre

Quoteif anyone or ones need some drums...!!

It's interesting...I play a lot of blues guitar, dobro, weissenborn, lapsteel, bass...the only instrument I don't play is drums...

example listen to my cover of While my guitar gently weeps I did keyboard, bass, acoustic and electric guitar...but for the drums I had to tinker with a wave file from the internet...
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Mike_S

"I think" but I could be wrong... if you were talking about a collaboration for the  bluesfest then that would make it ineligible for the fest itself as I thought it had to be the work of just one person. Again I could be wrong though...

Might well be up for a collab with you though some day if I have a tune that could use some real drums... a bit busy right now but will try to remember!

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

drumbum

Quote from: my idol is Jahia on March 14, 2020, 12:56:35 AM
Quoteif anyone or ones need some drums...!!

It's interesting...I play a lot of blues guitar, dobro, weissenborn, lapsteel, bass...the only instrument I don't play is drums...

example listen to my cover of While my guitar gently weeps I did keyboard, bass, acoustic and electric guitar...but for the drums I had to tinker with a wave file from the internet...

Nice work of a great song. And it is completely your version. 
If you swim against the tide long enough, it turns and becomes momentum.........

Hook

No , it qualifies for a festival entry as long as all contributors are SC members. So having drumbum do your drums is fine.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Mike_S

Quote from: Hook on March 14, 2020, 10:05:08 AMNo , it qualifies for a festival entry as long as all contributors are SC members. So having drumbum do your drums is fine.

Thanks Hook... sent you a message Drumbum!
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Kenneth

Having you here for your contributions to songs is a valuable asset to this site Drumbum. I can't tell you how many times I wished I could replace those Boss canned drum loops. I'm hoping that I can call on you in the songs ahead from time to time.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

drumbum

Thank you Kenneth. I do understand that a drum machine of any sort is at the ready. And even if it is a loop, at least its ready when you are. When I get a request for drum work, I feel fortunate, and apply myself to YOUR work. That's the key for me.

Thanks again, and thanks to all for all the recording tips. I feel Things are getting clearer.

o0O0o

Hilary

I'm happy to do something - I'm not a musician so I can't provide a track but very happy to sing something if that helps.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça