Be careful, be ready!

Started by alfstone, March 09, 2020, 10:49:30 AM

Jean Pierre

Thank you Alfedo for this update about the pandemie covid

I send you a personal message by mail for to update you on the pandemic situation in Haiti...
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Pete C

Thanks again for your update Alfredo - it's much appreciated.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Boognish

Aloha everyone from beautiful Oklahoma!

Unfortunately, our state's numbers are skyrocketing and people here think the pandemic is over. I'm afraid my state/region (central US) is about to suffer greatly.
My wife tells me the ICU is filling up again. Maybe the virus is different than it was, and less deadly... but here we never really got a heavy first wave, I'm afraid this is our round 1 coming.

So everyone please just keep wearing a mask and protecting yourselves and others as much we can with simple things like masks and gloves to help the medical community and keep numbers down. Here we are backwards - in phase 3 of reopening, which means squat for everyday life and health. It's just an economic timeline for small businesses, etc. so we are in phase 3 with very little restrictions, hardly anyone wearing masks, all while our numbers are peaking daily

????????
Okay to cover.

Mike_S

So my wife tested positive a couple of days ago. She's had symptoms about 10 days. The first few days of symptoms were miniscule and are very deceptful, so be on guard even if no cough detected. She has had no cough (bar literally 2 or three short coughs on maybe day 2 of feeling slightly unwell). Day 3/4 she started needing to go to bed feeling weak with headaches. Day 5/6 headaches were terrible apparantly. Since then (we are on day 8 or 9), headaches seem to have gone but she sleeps almost all the time, finds it hard to think or speak. I thought after the headaches subsided we were on the mend but it is scary and I'm on red alert still.

Obviously I'm doing my best to try to not catch it, while still caring for her. It seems to do it's own thing in a different way to everyone, so stay safe people, it's serious shit when you see it close up, you don't want to catch it.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

alfstone

Sorry to hear about that Mike.

Anyway, yes, it's one of the many, many ways this Covid can show itself. You shoud buy a oxymeter and control her O2 frequently. If 97-99% OK. B-vitamin tablets could be of some help too. Are you and others in family OK? Since you talk about beginning of symptoms 10 days ago, there is strong prossibility, if you are OK, that you should not have symptoms at all, even in the next days. Distancing is anyway mandatory.

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Ferryman

All the best Mike. Several members of my wife's family (not physically near us) have had it and got through ok. Hope it's not too bad for your wife and that you can stay away from it. I'm sure you will be doing your best for her.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mike_S

Thank you guys... it has really woken me up even more to this thing.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Hilary

Sorry to hear about your wife Mike, I've heard there is a lot of "brain fog" with it.
I hope she gets over it soon.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Sorry to read about your wife Mike, hope she recovers soon.     Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Pete C

Sorry to hear about your wife Mike and hope she's soon better. My wife and son both tested positive late October and although I didn't get tested i think I may have had it too. It does leave you tired for a while afterwards but hopefully she's past the worst. As Alfredo mentioned take Vitamin B everyday- I heard about it early on in the pandemic and now the sun's gone I've been taking it for a few months now.

Let her know we're all thinking of her

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800