It was Freaking Awesome!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

antisocialworker

I've been listening to both versions, I love em' both.
you have an amazing voice, and musical talent to back that up.

This is one song i'll be playing over and over until I get sick of it.
its deffinatly going on the ole Ipod.

cant wait to hear more man.

antisocialworker

this song sorta reminds me of this old punk band I used to listen to, Forgotten Rebels, I know it sounds nothing like punk. just the vocals.

SwanSong

Great rock song .great vocals agree with all the above
only the music can describe the beauty of the song .
and your song does just that congrats on a great song
take caree Neil

tonyc

great song andy , I have listened to some of you other songs as well you play guitar really well, like the les paul tribute and the song dirty blues , my kind of stuff, you should also do more song with vocals , your voice sounds great and you have a talent for writing songs ,  all the best .  posted by tonyc
recorder
Zoom HD16

AndyR

Quote from: tonyc on January 18, 2015, 06:12:12 AMgreat song andy , I have listened to some of you other songs as well you play guitar really well, like the les paul tribute and the song dirty blues , my kind of stuff, you should also do more song with vocals , your voice sounds great and you have a talent for writing songs ,  all the best .  posted by tonyc

Many thanks :)

Most of my stuff is hosted on alonetone - there are all posted here, but they don't show up in any of the automated juke-box song lists on here... (Including my "Personal Jukebox" under my avatar on the left).

The ones you've found are the ones that I didn't want published on alonetone, demos, jams, etc...

Eg. There's a finished full-production version of this one over on alonetone, or here's the thread on songcrafters that links to it: https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=3424

If you follow the "Play All Andrew Russe" link in my signature and you'll find LOADS :o of vocals :D

Alternatively, choose "My Latest Song Posts" from below my avatar on the left - I believe that'll take you to the list of "Song Posts" I've done on here over the years.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Groundy

OTD, 6 years ago, What a belter, dont know how I missed this one....
A belated well done Andy,

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

AndyR

I'd forgotten this version was still "out there"!

Just been comparing this early demo to the finished version. In some ways, I prefer this version. But I much prefer the arrangement (and performances) of the finished one... I got quite close to what I was intending... But, I was using a lot more reverb in those days, I think that lets the final version down a bit.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

StephenM

the finished product is on page 5 of your sound click there... I just listened to both and I need to listen some more to "decide" which one if either one to prefer or to just like them both.  Obviously I liked this one or I wouldn't have gone on to find the "polished" version.
I liked reading about your process.  The practicing in front of the mirror etc... generally I build songs piece by piece and often do have to play the parts over and over again, even 40 times sometimes to get one that I really like... often times I find that I can't really get to the most interesting schemes of the song until I play them many, many times.
I have discovered though a major flaw in my songwriting, that is very few of my songs could I play live and alone, say with just an acoustic guitar.  So yesterday I was preparing for some open mics and I had to go and learn and arrange a few that I could "learn" of originals... I am going to listen to this a few more times before commenting further.
but on first listen I like the instruments in the polished version but the vocals I like the first one better...not my final call though

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

this song works perfect as is.... doesn't mean the new recording doesn't but this works as is perfectly.  Those guitars sound brill, love all those tones and the playing.
The vocals fit very well and sound excellent and aren't quite as overpowering as I found the second version to be in a few spots (just my silly opinion)...
bass is a bit weak here but not horrible as the rhythm guitar has plenty of low in it so not a big problem... love though the way you structured that rhythm guitar progression.  Nice lead playing too, super.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner