Sooner or Later - writing/arranging demo

Started by AndyR, May 24, 2009, 11:54:54 AM

Satchwood

Very nice mix Andy - great singing and guitar work!

Super drum arrangement dude!  I like this song!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

AndyR

Thanks guys :)

Haven't done anything else to it yet - in fact haven't listened to it since monday - it's gonna have wait until the weekend, I've got other things on the boil :)

Glad you like the drums Satchwood - that's one of things I'm never too sure about. The MBR seems to make it fairly painless though :D I'm waiting to review them later in the week when I get the bass out (needs restringing though :-\)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Oldrottenhead

hi this one needs bumped, i heard this under the influence of the old gabby water previously so my memory of it was a bit shady, so i thought i better listen to it sober.
all i can say is

fmgwabp + braw

ps andy i read your entire post this time.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Satchwood

This is a really cOoL song that really kicks - catchy - luv the key changes!!  Great voice Andy!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

SteveG

Was it me that would be finished :)

Interesting read, and thanks for taking the time to set it out ... has made me think on how I work.

Great song too btw!!

Blooby

How did I miss this?  This has great pop elements in it.  And it's been driving me crazy who your voice is reminding me of.  I had to go into a deep trance of self-hatred because I couldn't think of it...and then it dawned on me.  Your voice reminds me a bit of a less gritty version of Popa Chubby, a great (and I mean that in several ways) singer/guitarist.

Blooby

AndyR

Thanks folks, I'd forgotten I'd posted this version :)

The finished version is on my soundclick (link in my signature below) - I haven't managed to create anything else since though :(

Hoping I didn't over-reach myself on this one, and that it's just pressures of work, lying on the sofa, watching the telly, etc, that's stopping me  :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

hooper

This is really nice work: writing, arranging, performing and producing... lots of attention to details every step of the way. Will have to check out the soundclick mix. Fine job, Andy!

Edit:  Well, after hearing the soundclick version.... I think it's certainly more polished but as sometimes happens with a lot of polishing it may have lost some of its edgyness. I think either mix could stand as a finished product tho. Very nice work!
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

antisocialworker

wow, have you finished this one? I really wanna here the end result

AndyR

I have indeed - and it's completion kind of wore me out!! It's the last thing I did on here. :D

You should be able to get to it on my Soundclick site (in my sig)

EDIT: Yep, it's there... I really ought to update that pic though - my hair is about 10 times as long now!! (although I'm getting a bit fed up with it - so maybe I ought update myself back to that pic :D)

EDIT2: Just listened to both versions... in my current mood I prefer this demo version :D. I have feeling you will too antisocialworker. I was aiming at "big" pop-rock, so that's why it went the way it did...
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1