48 AWOL Blues.......

Started by The Reverend 48, May 24, 2009, 06:48:37 AM

The Reverend 48

48 AOWL Blues
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I'm sure you've all been there...I seem to have hit a wall with my playing >:(
I am not happy with anything I do, even with my great new guitar.
I am sure I'll bash thro it soon.... :D
but as promised..I've tried to showcase these superb P90/soapbars they seem to have the brightness of single coils with the bite of humbuckers and respond brilliantly to different strokes of the pick, which takes some getting used to......
BTW this over a simple backer..... ;)

Bro

Great job!

Right on with the tension and everything!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

AndyR

Oh YEAH!! that's the tone...  ;D

I've just been working on something with my Explorer - I've fitted P-90 types in that but hadn't got round to using it much. Your posts on the new guitar made me get it out and polish it up.

I'm a Fender man really, but I like a bit of humbuckery as well. When I got these pickups it was a real eye-opener, it's like what I want humbuckers to sound like  :D

The response to picking strength is amazing isn't it?

Great playing on here, really tasty. I can't hear any wall hitting :D, but I know exactly what you mean. Actually, I'm wondering, is that feeling maybe as a result of playing against this particular track? There's not a lot of "bounce" to the track itself - you've put a fine lead over it, but I can imagine you could end up feeling quite "ploddy" after playing it. If that's the case, it's all in your mind!! The actual sounds coming out of the speakers are great  :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Oldrottenhead

lovely 48 grabbed me by the balls from the out
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

Love it too !!! Really tastful playing and a great sound!!! And I know that a great sound isn't just in the guitar, it's mostly in the fingers!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bus Stetson

with melody, tone, emotion and playing like this! sod the walls;) yuuummmiiiiiii that cuts through the mix like a phoenix rising from the ashes. loved it!! thanks for sharing and the warm welcome:)
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams. 'William Edgar O'Shaughnessy'.

launched

Hey, hey 48!! I'm liking this tone, the playing is all there, man! When I read you hit a "wall", from my point of view it means "It's going to be good!!". No exception here - practice makes perfect and I can feel the effort in spades.

Great blues playing!!

Later,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Tangled Wires

Smooth playing with a great tone

recorder
Boss Micro BR

OsCKilO

Class Mike.....

Pure class!

Peace

T(Osckilo)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Wiley

I don't know about a wall!! This is excellent.  Very full of feeling!  Loved it.